How long before Leica dumps the RF in favour of an EVF?

Or maybe a hybrid finder like the Fuji X100?

I can't remember the last time I used the optical finder on my 240 and if it had a built in EVF that didn't black out for a few seconds after exposure the way the clip on example does I'd be one happy camper! And surely the manufacturing costs of an EVF would be less than the current rangefinder mechanism.

No doubt some of you out there will think is total heresy! :p

I don't care when they dump the Optical Finder. I've got my M-E and my two M film bodies, they can now make whatever they like. I wouldn't be buying any of it anyway. If I ever buy another Leica body, it will be a used film body, and they all have beautiful Optical Finders.

Didn't read all the thread, but a Leica without rangefinder sounds like an oxymoron to me.

I guess you missed the Leica R system :bang:

and the UR-Leica :)

But for M the OF rangefinder is going to be an option for 20 years at least, I would bet. It just should not be the only option.

As long as there is enough people willing to pay the bucks for the drf, they'll continue to make it..no worries.. When there is not enough people to support drf sales, who knows. Maybe a predictor is this party lens makers like Codina/voitlander cutting back or stopping certain rf lens production.

Expanding to other areas only makes sense...

Gary

Back