How to mount both a light meter and a finder.

jwnash1

Established
Local time
11:48 PM
Aside from the Voigtlander Double Shoe Adapter, which is hard to find and pricey, does anyone have a method for simultaneously using a clip on light meter and an auxiliary finder?

Thanks for the suggestions. The DAG adapter is very elegant much like the Voightlander and the Reveni Labs is very economical. My only concern about the Reveni is that it is designed for the Reveni meter and may not be big enough for the KEKS EM-01 meter I have ordered but at $10CAD I can afford to experiment with it.

You could always balance the light meter on your head and use a clever array of mirrors to see the read out...

The Reveni double accessory shoe arrived today. The good, it was less than twenty usd. The not so good, need a spacer to snug it to the shoe on the M4. It wobbles a bit but not so much it will fall out. A flap from a film box is enough to keep it from moving around.The two upper shoes need some breaking in. I didn’t think the Voigtlander 21 finder was going to slide all the way in until it was given a very firm push. Same with the meter. It took some effort to remove both the finder and the meter. It will probably loosen up with use but it is the least expensive option out there. I’ll post a photo later.

Here's the Reveni double accessory shoe:

Reveni Double Accessory Shoe

You can see the piece of paper between the accessory shoes.

There are some finders that have accessory shoes on top of them for a meter. The Leica VIOOH is the first one that comes to mind, but now that I see you have an M camera, the VIOOH would not work with it as it is calibrated for the III series Barnack bodies.

PF

Like most things that are 3D printed, there are variances. For the price, it works well and accomplishes what it was designed for. Don Goldberg had one of his double shoe mounts still in stock. Having tried the Reveni, I ordered it.

DAG Camera Parts Double Accessory Shoe, no the white balance isn't off, the sky is orange from the smoke. P.S. Decided to move up from the crummy iPhone photos:

DAG Double Accessory Shoe

He must have had some extra Nikon shoes in his stock:

Back