Minnesota How'd He Do Dat?

Bill Clark

Mentor
Local time
11:04 AM
I would like to host max. 6 photographers at my studio/home on June 17, 2012.

Cost is free for Rangerfinder forum people.

What we will cover:

Basic portrait photography.

Using studio & God's light.

We will look at posing, lighting, composition for making people photographs.

Once you sign up I will email a syllabus, directions, start & finish times.

I will supply a hand out from my mentor/coach and friend Monte Zucker.

If you are up to it please either respond here or send me an email at [email protected].

The Monte article he usually charged $25.00.

He gave it to me and I will do the same to help you.

I hope to learn as much as you!

P.S.

This will be q quick run through of the posing, lighting & composition techniques I use.

I will also, if time permits, discuss my work flow with digital where I use ACR to process my RAW files as well as Photoshop. Photoshop is about Layers and Blending with many subtopics listed beneath each category.

I still have my analog darkroom set up and will show you what I do there as well.

Have a wonderful week!

Last edited:
Cool! I'll have to wait and read about the workshop.
If I lived near you, I'd be there.

Sounds like a very interesting day. Unfortunately I live too far away, but say hello to my friend, Monte for me, I'll see him at the Capellie party in September. He's a great guy.

Thanks steamer!

Nice to visit with you on a rainy day last weekend!

See you on June 17, 2012. We will start at 9:30 AM.

Will email directly to you a syllabus including a map to my home/studio.

I plan on grilling burgers for lunch!

Wrap up around 2:00 PM.

No cost!

Thanks.

Your Pal Bill

Here's a bump for this. We need to get some more photographers for this. Maybe Trevor knows some shooters that might be interested?

We will work on aspects of either posing people or looking for these various ways of beautifully photographing people when making street or candid photographs.

We will also study lighting techniques that can be used to make the face beautiful when making portrait(s)!

This will be fun.

It doesn't make any difference to me how many sign up.

I want to help people make better people photographs!

If you're interested, then consider attending.

Hope you want to learn.

I know I will learn as much as you!

Attended a lecture yesterday, Thursday June 7th, at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts titled, "Rembrandt's Faces: Passions of the Mind, Heart, and Soul."

Professor Dr. Shelley Perlove presented a lecture about the faces Rembrandt painted and showed how he revealed in his paintings human characteristics that people photographers work on attaining.

This topic could be future subject matter for another class.

If time permits I will give an overview and if you're interested in discussing, go to your nearest library and check out a few books on Rembrandt.

Here is a map to my home/studio:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...AgAePlbDUDg&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA

The class will start at 1:30 PM and will last until 4:30 PM.

We will cover the basics and spend time to make some portraits that we will look at together and I will give you help how to make them better the next time!

This will be fun!

See you June 17th!

Back