HU - 300 off on Sony a7/r w/ trade in

Thanks for the link
Doesn't appear to be offered in Canada, I did see that Henry's was offering $100 off a Zeiss lens with the purchase of either an a7 or a7r

Henrys' also offering $200 of grip with purchase of A7/r. Grip is now $99.
Still wishing for the $300 discount with trade in that is going on in the States.

I tried doing the B&H trade in on the A7 yesterday, and it's not an automatic $300 off. It depends on the camera. I tried trading in my D100 Nikon and they were only going to give me $55 off. Which I felt wasn't worth it.

Best,
-Tim

You have to tell them to give you a trade in value for the A7/A7R. In any case, I eventually went with Focus Camera (yes, bad reviews and all), since Focus is the only place I could find that offered both the $300 trade in and the $650 bundle (A7R, Zeiss 55/1.8, HVL-F60M flash plus other stuff). The steps I took:

1) Wednesday - Submitted the online trade-in form

2) Wed. night - Order the bundle online.

3) Thursday - Sent email to ensure I get the $300 trade in credit. They replied quickly with confirmation

4) Friday - Sent email asking when it might be shipped. They responded with UPS tracking # (it shipped Thursday)

5) Monday - I got the $300 credited back to my account.

6) Tuesday (yesterday) - I got the bundle. Tested it and everything is fine.

Now, my experience was about as good as it gets; however, note that Focus Camera has gotten a lot of negative reviews. Based on my experience I would order from them again, but if you do, you do so at your own risk.

Adorama trade in deal looks pretty good to me as well

Adorama trade in deal looks pretty good to me as well

300 instant trade in credit plus 50 gift plus 4 % rewards plus sd card and camera bag. Now to top it off whatever u are trading in gets sent to used department for eval, they give u the price on top of that 300 if I am reading this correctly.

http://photorumors.com/2014/03/12/new-sony-a7a7r-trade-in-promotion/

Anyway read it for yourself. I can't remember such aggressive sales promotion on such a new camera line.

Gary

300 instant trade in credit plus 50 gift plus 4 % rewards plus sd card and camera bag. Now to top it off whatever u are trading in gets sent to used department for eval, they give u the price on top of that 300 if I am reading this correctly.

http://photorumors.com/2014/03/12/new-sony-a7a7r-trade-in-promotion/

Anyway read it for yourself. I can't remember such aggressive sales promotion on such a new camera line.

Gary

I think that I read that sales for the A7/r dropped precipitously after the initial feeding frenzy, leaving Sony exposed. They really need to attract market share more than anything else. Plus, when you look at the price for the native mount lenses, $798 US street price for a 35mm f/2.8 lens, you get the idea that the marketing model is designed to make money through lens sales especially.

Back