HU- cheap (2005 dated) Agfa APX 400 35mm bulk

dammit. i meant to order that a while ago. I hope there's still some on payday :D

raid amin said:
Is there a similar offer for the USA market?

I cannot remember who it was but I did see this film offered by someone here in the US a couple months ago---but the price was not as good, perhaps $15 USD a bulk roll or something like that.

I decided to pass as I have enough film flatness issues with thicker emulsions. Have you ever tried to keep Bergger 200 flat, for example? Ugh! It springs close to a ball and rolls away down the counter! And that's both 35mm and 120! Thin emulsions tend to do this and I cannot imagine this one would be any different. Anyone with direct experience on this film can tell me I'm wrong here?

if it has a rthinner base... are there no problems with the pressure plate being inadequate? Or is it "springy" enough?
I know that for the case of MF cameras, the paper backing on the 120 film makes a difference in that cameras using both 120 and 220 type, have a pressure plate that has to be SET to the correct film in order to get the best result.

I just forwarded this to the German photography usenet newsgroup, so you should be quick to order before the pillaging horde of Huns :eek: plunders their online store. ;)

Philipp

Yea silverprint are out, but I just ordered 8 tins from RK, so they must still have stock. £5.99 delivery.

Please do post your results when you get it and try it out. Especially in terms of how the thin emulsion is for flatness issues and such (both in camera and for scanning or enlargers). I'm sure there's a few more tins around in warehouses somewhere and we'll see it again....

Mark, they emailed me saying no stock was remaining. It's a shame cos it cost more after postage for 8 rolls from RK than it did for 10 with the discount from silverprint.

It's my own fault for not ordering weeks/months ago. Lets just hope RK wasnt sold out as well :)

Got my 8 tins in the post this morning. Super fast delivery. Now..... what to shoot on 1000ft of film....

I gotta say the half an hour to load cassettes from one single tin was enough effort that I bloody well hope the film is good! I'm running a roll through my cosina ct-1 to see how the two work together... If the results are good from the film then it may replace Pan F+ for casual shooting.

I've found rating at 400, it underexposes, or else the negs come out very very thin (no density compared to ilford, so the shots are all pale on the neg, even in overexposed parts).. I'm using generic developer, so if I were you, run a 10-shot test roll with your dev and see if it's just me (yes yes, I can read a lightmeter :D ) and my choice.

I'm about to scan a few test shots from my leica, so they'll be up tonight, but its the usual garden variety.

Back