HWGA, digital, uh, "film", uh, kinda ...

Doubt it, it's the umpteenth initiative.. Just google silicon film. Quote: "Product availability is expected following the completion of product testing, field testing and agency certification of EFS-1, planned to be completed in the fall, 2000"

Its failure was discussed here: https://www.dpreview.com/articles/4...ck-at-the-failure-of-the-silicon-film-project

It tripped over multiple hurdles, none of which has disappeared..

They mention a Nikon patent for a film camera digital back but not the R9...

Looks ungainly in this iteration, with that Borg cube sticking off the back. But does seem to work.

Perhaps someday, if us nostalgics last long enough...

I have wondered several times if such a device could be used, specially on a camera that already has an interchangeable back such as an fm2n or f301. I think it would need to be more of a motordrive shape though, so that it would be quite easy to hold.

I wonder how the exposure would be controlled on that thing?

It couldn't be used on the f301 as the shutter doesn't open when the back is open.

Very ugly and basically useless as any mirrorless and appropriate adapter will accomplish the same thing with much better results.

The point of the item is to maintain the film advance feel and aesthetic but the addon item makes the camera bulky defeating the purpose.

Back