i blame oscar!

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
3:05 PM
ok, so now that i have a fed2 and (if it works) plan on using it as my carry all the time, keep in the car, throw in my bag camera, i'm thinking i might have to get another one - in case this one breaks down.

i really like the 'look' of this set up and if in daily use it works as i expect then obviously i will need another, perhaps a fed3!

i blame oscar for this!

you warned me about having to have another but you didn't do so in a strong enough manner!
i am weak! this camera is so solid and so damn cheap!

...and i thought you were my friend...:D

joe:cool: :D

Muahahahahhahahaha !!!!! :D I'm still laughing really hard Joe !

Ok ok I warned you but you're right, I didn't do it 'hard' enough :p

Now, let's take it seriously my friend... we must know... just tell us...

Fed3a or 3b ? :D

Ok I must still recover myself with some coffee, I didn't expect such a frienship declaration here, lol !

Meanwhile, just look at this beauty, both have arrived today, the CV Pancake I and the nice mint Hoya 43mm vented hood for it, and the best part is it screws PERFECTLY on the Canon !

Hey Joe, and what happens with that Canon P ? ;)

Ops, just add something, that 'a so solid camera for next to nothing!' feeling was exactly what I thought when I opened the box containing my first (and only so far) Fed 2 ! Maybe there's something about them after all...

Last edited:
Nice looking setup, Oscar. That lens hood looks SO familiar, just like the one on my Olympus Pen's 40mm f/1.4, which also takes 43mm accessories.

oscar, glad i could add a laugh to your day!

afa the canon p, i am slowly saving my money so i can get a nice one.
but if i keep buying stuff i will get enough together for the p.

joe

@Joe :D Just let me know how do you end liking the Fed ok ? Also if you're planning on coming here to kill me just let me know in advance so I have some time to look for a nice Civil war bunker or something...

@Doug: Thanx ! I found myself mumbling things like preciousss and treassssure yesterday :) I guess it's becoming second nature here lately with lots of new Leicas.

I'm really glad the pancake fits the Canon!

The worst part of your post is that you say the Canon is "a so solid camera for next to nothing!" I'm feeling tempted here...

You're a dangerous friend, Oscar. ;)

yes, very dangerous!

oscar, so far i like the fed 2, i will better be able to tell after i can use it for an extended period, maybe tomorrow.
it has one thing so far that has me scratching my head.
most times it take about 3 turns to advance the film but at times it takes about 6. there is something slipping and i'm not sure what. i could be wasting alot of film that just moves along without any light hitting it - no pics...
i hope to know more after the weekend.

joe

:confused:

Don't know Joe, but you can check the film counter and see if it behaves as it should, advancing one number each time. I haven't noticed things like that but if the rewind knob turns properly when advancing film then there should be no problem...

Maybe the gears that control how much the take up spool turn are out of adjustment, but let me tell you when you use one of these things for first time you tend to be full of doubts. I was, so when I got the results from the lab (my Jaguar pic, ie), well, that made a world of difference.

Use it, test it, have fun, and btw, if you like that camera with the Industar, I can't simply tell you how BEAUTIFUL it looks with a Jupiter-8, the wide low-profile body and that impressive piece of glass in the front... somehow the little Fed acquires a really 'serious' appearance :D

Back