I can guess at Ringo's camera model but what about the lens ?

Funny...she would have been 20 or so in the photo. Now she is 72. Shame we all get old.

Perhaps, but beautiful women often become beautiful older women.

sipa_00750561_000015.jpg

+1 for Ringo's playing today. He's still great - in his own distinctively Ringoesque way. Even better, he's played with Todd Rundgren!

I heard some sound engineer saying that you never really notice the great drummers. I also like Ringo a lot as a person.

+1 for Ringo's playing today. He's still great - in his own distinctively Ringoesque way. Even better, he's played with Todd Rundgren!

I always liked the John Lennon quip when he was asked by a journalist if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, and Lennon said he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles!

My favorite pop/rock drummer, and I'm a drummer...

The 2nd camera looks like a Contax II or a Nikon.

I always liked the John Lennon quip when he was asked by a journalist if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, and Lennon said he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles!

That quote is apochryphal, and belonged to a comedian.

The four beatles, and mike McCartney (brother), and eventually George Martin, thought all very highly of Ringo.

I could be wrong but I don't think its a Zunow, barrels don't seem to match.

I say it does match the legendary Zunow speed lens, count the number of landings on the barrel and the illegible beauty ring script is very similar looking in length and style to what is on a Zunow f1.1 lens.

There were not too many all chrome finish super fast 50mm RF camera lenses to choose from back then,... or even in these present days to be honest.

Too bad we can't completely see the camera's bottom from the side to be sure it is not a trigger wind Canon model, and if it was, then the camera would be a Canon VT.

George is holding the Pentax, Ringo is reading!

I saw a recent (201x) interview on Ringo's last book (a photographs book). He mentioned he still kept his Nikon F and his (Nikkor) fisheye lens (unspecified) but that he did not keep the rest of the lenses.

George was the Pentaxian but I think I saw a pic where the rest of the Fab Four carried Pentax cameras.

Of course this is the mid-60s and the Spotmatic was highly rated as a lighter, smaller, and a bit more affordable alternative to the Nikon F.

I saw a recent (201x) interview on Ringo's last book (a photographs book). He mentioned he still kept his Nikon F and his (Nikkor) fisheye lens (unspecified) but that he did not keep the rest of the lenses.

George was the Pentaxian but I think I saw a pic where the rest of the Fab Four carried Pentax cameras.

Of course this is the mid-60s and the Spotmatic was highly rated as a lighter, smaller, and a bit more affordable alternative to the Nikon F.

Wasn't the SV and HV still king in the western world at that time? Anyway, that wasn't the Spotmatic based on the round light meter on the pentaprism. I think I might have one of those at home. I am sure I have a couple of the rectangular light meters.

Back