I don't care what anyone says....,

Except for that M4-onwards advance lever which feels like something is broken after using an M2 or 3 for so long. ;)

but holding and using a Leica M is like no other feeling in the world!

Yes ... but then again I get that slight tingling of the gonads when I hold my black OM-1.

Horses for courses I guess! :D

It's a statement on Bio-Feedback.

No other object in the world feels exactly like a Leica.

It should not be confused with a statement that a Senior Camera Salesman told me in 1977 that "A Leica is better than Sex". I agree with the OP, but disagree with the statement made by the salesman. Others seem to share his opinion.

Keith: I had my "near Mint" OM-1 out with the 50/1.4 today. No tingling, but I did like the camera. I also picked up the 28/3.5 and 135/2.8 for it. Ommmm....

Last edited:
Yesterday I wanted to use up some Neopan 1600 that was in my old Canon 7s and took that along with me instead of my MP. What a mistake. I chanced across a winter snow festival with all sorts of bizarre characters that just cried out to be photographed. The rangefinder on the 7s, while OK in good light, is pretty much useless in late afternoon shade. I got the pics, but not without difficulty. Personal note for the future: ALWAYS take along the MP!

Jim B.

It's a statement on Bio-Feedback.

No other object in the world feels exactly like a Leica.

It should not be confused with a statement that a Senior Camera Salesman told me in 1977 that "A Leica is better than Sex". I agree with the OP, but disagree with the statement made by the salesman. Others seem to share his opinion.

Keith: I had my "near Mint" OM-1 out with the 50/1.4 today. No tingling, but I did like the camera. I also picked up the 28/3.5 and 135/2.8 for it. Ommmm....

Ahh ... true Nirvana ... may the force be with you!

vulcan-salute.jpg
:D

Live long and prosper!

So Brian, do you also get the feeling that the OM feels more surgical, while the Nikons feel more like a blunt instrument?

Last edited:
Live long and prosper!

So Brian, do you also get the feeling that the OM feels more surgical, while the Nikons feel more like a blunt instrument?

No... I'll try to come up with an analogy that clarifies all things.

How about: OM is like a road racing bicycle, while Nikon is like a mountain bike? The Nikons/Nikkormats seem more robust, the OM's more refined. IMO

The epiphany was that I spent the day with my black paint MP. Warm, smooth, curvaceous, bright, clear, and a whisper to the ear. I have used and tried many, many, cameras in my lifetime. Some quite useful and needed in what they do, but nothing, nothing, feels like a Leica.

Those nikon RF's are something alright, I havent held an sp but got a chance to try the S2 at my local shop. It's a lovely camera, I still love my leica's though.

Back