I finally did it!

If using Lab-Box because no darkroom is available, what is to be gained over loading film into a standard tank in a changing bag and proceeding from there?

Most of the negative reviews said that was the prefered method. Lab box says they can load the film in light directly from the cassette I assume. The more I read the less I was inclined to buy one.

If using Lab-Box because no darkroom is available, what is to be gained over loading film into a standard tank in a changing bag and proceeding from there?

I tried using a changing bag years ago and discovered that in a climate like we have here in Brisbane with high temperatures along with humidity it's a nightmare. The moment your hands start sweating you're done for! :ROFLMAO:

Dear jamesmck,

In my case the Lab-Box is far more convenient than the hassle of a changing bag and loading the film onto the reels and into the tank. That may not be how everyone sees things, but for me it was the sheer convenience that convinced me to develop film again.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

+1

It was the first time developing film at home since around 1979. Bought Hewes reels, a Samigon tank, chemicals, jugs, beakers. Dug out the GraLab timer. Replaced the changing bag that had deteriorated. Still have the Paterson System 4 tank too, although the reels have yellowed, will be buying a couple Paterson Super System 4 reels.

The film had been sitting around for 10-20 years.

Yes! Images! Weird looking ones but I’ll take them, took them.

3   2023-08-15-0005 copy1  1200x.jpeg

3   2023-08-15-0006 copy1 1200x.jpeg

Instead of using the changing tent I will use the downstairs bathroom where I can close all the doors that lead to it so I know its about 99% light tight...I will take a seat with my back to the door and load the film on to the reels...so far its worked...

Back