Canon LTM I got my Canon 7sZ + Canon 50mm f0.95~!!!!!!

Canon M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
I'm thinking about either a Canon 35mm or a Voigtlander 35mm to replace my Summaron 3.5. What are your thoughts on the different 35mm Canon lenses?

Really depends on the maximum aperture you want, and I suppose you mean only ltm lenses...

the VC 35 2.5 is a great, modern, tiny lens.
I had the canon 35 1.8 and 1.5.
The 1.8 I had was not so sharp. The 1.5 was sharper but bigger and flared like mad.
I disliked the 1m focus limitation and long throw on Canon lenses and since I am using an M camera, I ended up with M mount lenses.

Good info, thank you.

That makes me feel a bit better about going with the VC. My shooting style often involves less light than I'd prefer - and the Lynx 14 and Jupiter 8 made me realize just how many shots are flare prone. I'll start looking around more seriously for the VC 35mm 2.5.

Good info, thank you.

That makes me feel a bit better about going with the VC. My shooting style often involves less light than I'd prefer - and the Lynx 14 and Jupiter 8 made me realize just how many shots are flare prone. I'll start looking around more seriously for the VC 35mm 2.5.

Brian, are you limited to ltm lenses?

Yes. I'm using a Leica III and Canon P [assuming it works, haven't developed first roll with it yet]

M2s, M4, Bessa R3a/ms, etc are outside my current budget. :)

KEVIN-XU 愛 forever;1674629 said:
They are all very good lenses indeed~ You will defenitely enjoy with them.
I have flickr only. If you have any question about Canon rangefinder just ask me, i will try to help you.

Cheers
Thanks Kevin...great to see another chinese hobbyist here...:)

Nice to see you too~!

Nice to see you too~!

Thanks Kevin...great to see another chinese hobbyist here...:)

Nice to see you too~!
Canon rangefinder is not as famous as leica in China. All my knowledge learn from foreign website such as RFF. It would be great to meet another Chinese who also love Canon rangefinder. Wish we can have more further communication about it.

Cheers

KEVIN-XU 愛 forever;1674732 said:
Nice to see you too~!
Canon rangefinder is not as famous as leica in China. All my knowledge learn from foreign website such as RFF. It would be great to meet another Chinese who also love Canon rangefinder. Wish we can have more further communication about it.

Cheers
In SIngapore..there is a craze over the canon lenses at one time..but generally, the craze is only for the 50 1.4 and 35 f2...and the prices don really drop much for them.

Compared to leica...and maybe voigtlander..canon body isnt very used here...
those who goes for cheaper RF will tend to go for Russian copies...

:)

In SIngapore..there is a craze over the canon lenses at one time..but generally, the craze is only for the 50 1.4 and 35 f2...and the prices don really drop much for them.

Compared to leica...and maybe voigtlander..canon body isnt very used here...
those who goes for cheaper RF will tend to go for Russian copies...

:)

Thanks for your information~
So do you know Benny? He is really a super Canon rangefinder collector and he also taught me lots of things.
50 1.4 and 35 2 are well-made and have a big production. Maybe it's why people always love to use them.
Talk about body,canon 7 series is very good i think. Maybe Leica body is more classic. Both of them is good to me~

Cheers

KEVIN-XU 愛 forever;1674749 said:
Thanks for your information~
So do you know Benny? He is really a super Canon rangefinder collector and he also taught me lots of things.
50 1.4 and 35 2 are well-made and have a big production. Maybe it's why people always love to use them.
Talk about body,canon 7 series is very good i think. Maybe Leica body is more classic. Both of them is good to me~

Cheers
Haha i know his name...didnt get to meet him before..u shld check out his collection of the canon lenses:)

Amazing collection of the lenses...especially the 50 1.4

Yes. I'm using a Leica III and Canon P [assuming it works, haven't developed first roll with it yet]

M2s, M4, Bessa R3a/ms, etc are outside my current budget. :)

In that case, the focus limit is meaningless.
I think your best bet is a skopar.
If you sell your Summaron, you could get the Canon f/2 for about the same total amount.

Haha i know his name...didnt get to meet him before..u shld check out his collection of the canon lenses:)

Amazing collection of the lenses...especially the 50 1.4

Yeah,i know that~ Wonderful collection indeed~! Benny must be very famous in Singapore.:cool:

Have been collecting and using Canon rangefinders for a couple of years. Just bought my dream, a 7Sz body, and am eagerly waiting for it to arrive from Japan. Got it on eBay (where a couple are listed for $1,000+) for under $300, so some of you guys must have been asleep at the wheel! It's interesting to note that Japanese photographers must have taken such good care of their cameras, so many survived in excellent condition. They must have been very proud of their nation's designers and craftsmen.

Back