I hacked my new monitor

Ronald M

Mentor
Local time
3:03 PM
A few weeks ago I purchased a new Mac mini ( no monitor) and 27" Eiso Flex Scan monitor. My idea was to eventually use the Color Edge EISO now on my Mac Pro Tower (designated for photo work) to new mini. In the mean time I thought I could "detune" the Flex Scan" for reasonable digital work. Conversation with Eiso replied that was a "business" monitor and impossible to detune. I can detune a little, but still way to much contrast and saturation.

The new Mac mini M1 is a super great fast machine and I purchased two steps up from base. Now I have this junk $1300 monitor. Tried to move Color Edge now and need to install a driver, Color navigator 7. Went in fine. Problem is my older monitor has parallel port connection and none of the adapters work. They fit, but do not function. And will not according to Eiso.

Plug in the business model again. I started to set it up with color navigator 7 and it said I have enhanced contrast set to enhanced and I must reduce it. I did not enhance it, in fact I reduced it to 14% weeks ago. I can't find how to do this. Then a window popped up with a slider control starting with normal going to high. I never saw this before and could not any reference to it. I assume it was a hidden factory calibration setting. I finished Color Nav 7.

Now photos direct from camera in Raw or Jpeg look perfectly normal.
Nikon NX D works as do Photos APP built in.

If you look a new TV in the store, they are all in competition for in your face bright, saturated, and contrast colors. This is how the monitor was in as new state.

Back