I have an ethical dilemma

I have this happened to me before. I bet Goodwill will ask you to ship the camera back to them (in my case, they reimburse my shipping cost).

So you'd probably say goodbye to the Vivitar 220. Unless you asked to keep it and pay the difference *and* they agreed.

But you will sleep better and have no regrets because you have done the right thing. I think that's a fair trade off.

I buy a LOT of stuff from Shopgoodwill.com

I buy a LOT of stuff from Shopgoodwill.com

Common problem for them. They usually want to do the solution that involves the least work logistically. Unless there is someone at the other end "pulling hair" to receive this particular camera, ie if it's just a shipping/inventory mistake on their end, they will likely suggest that you keep it. They are not really hung up on value, etc. They often know very little about camera's and just want the deal done.

It recalls to me the motto under which my Pappy operated his business:

"I lose a little on every transaction, but I make it up in volume."

That's essentially the description of Shopgoodwill. The only outfit I know that will ship a $5 camera in a huge new $10 box with $5 worth of packing.

But, you DO have to watch them on shipping. They use the WAG theory on estimating shipping and handling... Wild Ass Guess. Often very high on weight and distance.

Shopgoodwill is sending me the camera that I originally ordered, along with a prepaid shipping label for the return of the Vivitar, so I guess in this case, there is an unhappy buyer on the other end.

Too bad, it is such a pretty camera.

Just hope now that the camera you ordered and paid for does arrive and that it's all OK in operation. It would be a right bummer if it didn't!
Just believe that things work out as they are intended.
jesse

How much money are we talking about? I don't know about you but I have other more pressing things to stress over. Call them or just send the thing back. This isn't Sophie's Choice. Sorry to be harsh man.

Back