I hereby vow that in 2010 I will stop photographing...

LOL... no more back lighted evergreens for me this year.! Promise.!

Gil, NOW that is commitment, I respect anyone getting a red filter for clouds, as a matter of fact, I respect anyone knowing what a red filter do in today's world.! Bravo.

Bo

www.bophoto.typepad.com

In 2010, I want to revive the art of apartment wrestling and photograph it.

Prior to relocating to Japan, I had a big party. Kegs of homebrew. Sausages. Way too many people. Late in the evening, I started to pop old LPs on the platter. Some drunk soul decided that early eighties + packing boxes = break dance. Another decided that someone throwing down on cardboard just had to be dealt-with. :eek:

Anyhow, that's my advice if you want more of those pictures: beer, boxes, and breakdancing.

As for me, I plan to stop using my foot as a target to test for backfocus and RF calibration. :eek:

I made the vow to photograph more chickens last year.

Amadeus_Fowlus_by_HangDogma.jpg

... whatever for testing exposure and developers. I want to stop that for life.

I'd like to photograph more risky situations... Last week, inside the metro there was a man from Maroc rolling a cigar with haschisch... He was standing, doing it as fast as he could because he was going to get down in the next station... He saw me with my camera on hand and looked at me every five seconds to check I wouldn't do it... I had oops that long Summicron 90, and I took the camera to my eye and focused and took it down, everybody looked at me and he did it to, but didn't see me, then he was doing the last step: pouring the powder over the tobacco... I wasn't sure if I should... Took my camera up and shot... He was two meters from me and didn't hear the shutter. As soon as I took the camera down he looked at me, and didn't understand my little happy smile. My heart was beating fast, and I enjoyed... I developed it and got it, Tri-X at 1250 one hour in Rodinal...

A decisive moment!? Show us the shot, Juan! :angel:

im kind of scared of starting to take the same photo but so far i have nothing on my block list for photography. maybe girls i hang out with. NAH.

Well--in my case, there's a chance the world will kind of sour for me. I was going out to the woodpile this morning, and as I approached it I thought, ah, I'm sick of that damned thing. Of course I'm not sick of firewood, I'm sick of looking at the woodpile, because I have photographed it so many times (usually as a lens-testing subject). Sometimes I feel I'm rendering the world a cliche (to me) by over-photographing it...so I'm thinking this year I should try to be more judicious.

Yeah, seconded. Actually, I think it is quite a challenge to find the unusual angle of view in everyday objects. I think there's nothing more difficult than to discover new pictures in things I'm confronted with every day.

So, no resolutions other than to avoid triviality (that's hard enough).

Johan, thanks for the idea of posting that shot... Maybe we could start a thread on shots we were about not to shoot... OK, I'll scan it right now, because today I just don't have the time for a wonderful darkroom session...

Cheers,

Juan

I'd like to stop taking so many bad pictures. Unfortunately the only 'gift' I have is to share the abilities of Nostradamus... and so, I know it won't happen:bang:

Back