I just spilled Coke on my GSN

cp_ste.croix

At the beginning again.
Local time
4:09 PM
After going around a corner I noticed my cup holder wasn't holding my coke anymore but that it was resting on top of my GSN, freshly loaded with film. I sucked as much of the coke out of the creases and nooks as possible. :bang: :bang: :bang: I will shoot the film tommorrow and maybe take a look and see if stuff is sticky inside. Damn it all...it serves me right for injesting the foul stuff (though Coke from the developing world, where they use sugar instead of corn suryp is really addictive, esp. when water is tainted and it's too early for beer :) )

(though Coke from the developing world, where they use sugar instead of corn suryp is really addictive, esp. when water is tainted and it's too early for beer :) )[/QUOTE]

You got that right. My wife is from Zambia, and the coke there is made with REAL sugar, not corn syrup, and it is delicious.

Spilling coke on your GSN is not quite as bad as me spilling a whole cup of coffee laden with milk and sugar on my nice Macintosh Titanium 15" powerbook. I was devastated. I was able to salvage the computer though, with a complete disassembly, cleanup with no-residue solvent and a new keyboard.

Those both sound pretty awfull. We had a cat once that slept on top of the TV, she barfed on the back of the set. :eek: ew. Hope the camera survives better than the tv did.

cp_ste-croix said:
After going around a corner I noticed my cup holder wasn't holding my coke anymore but that it was resting on top of my GSN, freshly loaded with film. I sucked as much of the coke out of the creases and nooks as possible. :bang: :bang: :bang: I will shoot the film tommorrow and maybe take a look and see if stuff is sticky inside. Damn it all...it serves me right for injesting the foul stuff (though Coke from the developing world, where they use sugar instead of corn suryp is really addictive, esp. when water is tainted and it's too early for beer :) )

Sorry for your accident, hope it turns out alright, but I must say, its never too early for beer. :D :D :D
Kurt M.

I really hope that GSN cleans up all right for you. I must say you're taking it pretty well.

If I'd done that I would have sat down & cried.

cp_ste-croix said:
After going around a corner I noticed my cup holder wasn't holding my coke anymore but that it was resting on top of my GSN, freshly loaded with film.
Sorry to hear this! My wife destroyed a Pentax ME Super that way. The Coke ruined the internal electrics, and it was just "parts" after that.

The GSN lives!!! thanks everyone for the support, and for giving me a reason never to let my cat on top of my tv... ;)

YAY for the Yashica!

ha! LOL! i have another cat that likes to sleep on the computer monitor. he just falls off all the time. :eek:

Back