I lost my lens cap

MelanieC

Well-known
Local time
1:02 PM
Today I had the Polaroid 230 and my Holga out while I worked on my very lame photography pseudo-project (pseudo because I'm not trying very hard), which is a series of photos of Solo, my Border Collie, sitting on abandoned furniture. Anyway, I digress. I lost my Holga lens cap. What can I use as a replacement?

Yes, I realize the lens is plastic and not coated and that if it gets damaged, frankly, the photos will probably be more interesting but I'm sort of anal this way, so humor me?

You can get a cheap plastic push-on cap from a good pro photo shop for around $5, but you might have to order one. (I don't want to plug a former employer who already has plenty of business, but I sold a million of these when I worked at B&H- I'm sure other places sell them.)

I bet you could find a cap or cut off a prefectly-sized bottle-bottom from some other product, even something you might have around the house.

(BTW- your earlier thread got me thinking this afternoon, and I dug out an old Polaroid 250 somebody gave me a while ago. Big fun- thanks for the inspiration.)

losing the cap is probably the best thing that could have happened to you. If you keep the cap, you're guaranteed to run a roll through with the best shots you've ever taken, just to realize you had the cap on. I just keep mine snug in a camera bag. The lens stays snug against a wall. Then it comes time to take a shot, she's ready, no problems :) I say good riddance!

Back