Leica LTM I want you to tell me about Leica type a.

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses

オレンジ

Local time
5:06 AM
Can you tell me if the Leica a type is composed of original parts?

I think it's a new Elmer, but I'd be happy if you could give me your wisdom about lenses.

Also, I want you to tell me how much the market price is. Please.

Also, everyone wants to talk about which model of Barnak Leica they like!

Attachments

• IMG_1622.jpeg
    IMG_1622.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1620.jpeg
    IMG_1620.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1626.jpeg
    IMG_1626.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 39
I'm no expert on the very early Leicas, but the Elmar looks correct to me. I don't *think* you often get later lenses retro-fitted to the Leica I, but I may be wrong.

Market price for a Leica I with an Elmar in this sort of condition... Red Dot Cameras in London currently have one for £700, and another with the correct accessory rangefinder for £1,300. Another dealer in London has one in good shape with the original instructions and lens cap for £1000. So, assuming this isn't repainted and everything's in good shape (no haze, curtains intact, shutter running correctly), I'd be inclined to say £1000 to £1,200 (¥185,000 to ¥223,000) in the British market.

As for which model of Barnack I like... I like all of them. I think the IIIf is the single most versatile one of the lot (and most usable as a result), but they're all great for different reasons!

As best as can be seen from your pictures, the lens has no serial number (when present in tiny script inside the filter mount) which would be correct for the period.

The best barnack? The Canon IV Sb2 Exquisite camera, better than anything made by Leica till the M series and even then Nikon's RF's were arguably their equal but Nikon decided to get the "F" out of the rangefiner biz and go SLR only instead as did Canon :ninja:

(Happily shooting both Leica and Nikon so ;) )

It looks almost too good to be true, then I see that the vulcanite is starting to lift and that reassures me!

Nice example. Has the low profile wind knob, threaded release button with collar. No depth of field scale on lens. All track with an early version.

Back