i wish i could lock that damn af square!

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
2:18 PM
...it moves with every touch of the back screen and i am always having to center it again!!!
sure, it's no big deal to hit the button and center it but when it's time after time it seems like a big deal...

ok, rant over...mostly love the little beast...

I just took mine out, and I certainly can't see a way to lock the AF point. I checked the Custom Functions related to the AF/AE-lock button and didn't find anything that helped. :/

i don't think it can be locked...i have asked before, i did read the manual and have looked it up on the net...it's a quirk that carries on...

This was a problem with my Lumix G5, until I folded the rear LCD in, and now exclusively use the EVF.

~Joe

The one on my Nikon Df goes walkies too. Bloody infuriating. It should be REALLY HARD to move the damn things: at least a 2 button press. The RF patches on my Leicas are a lot more reliable.

Cheers,

R.

the m body is so small that it is nearly impossible NOT to touch the back screen...

roger, not sure why but i'm surprised that you have a df...

the m body is so small that it is nearly impossible NOT to touch the back screen...

roger, not sure why but i'm surprised that you have a df...
Dear Joe,

It's the nearest you can get to a "real" SLR in size and layout and it takes all my old lenses. I bought it when I was reviewing it for American Photo: I needed a new DSLR anyway, and it was a choice between the Df and the D800. As I could get some money back by reviewing the Df, it won. Nikon was unable to get me a press loaner or give me a press discount...

Cheers,

R.

I HATE touch screens.
Cannot understand how people use them on ANY device.
I have been given (2) Android tablets as gifts and gave them both back with a kiss, a hug and "thank you, but ..."

Funny - my Sony Nex F3 has several options, among them is center spot focus, also, you can choose other focus points and people keep saying that Sony should make it possible to change AF point without first pushing a button. It seems you would like the Sony set-up :D

Funny - my Sony Nex F3 has several options, among them is center spot focus, also, you can choose other focus points and people keep saying that Sony should make it possible to change AF point without first pushing a button. It seems you would like the Sony set-up :D

it is very easy to move the af spot when shooting, in fact i use it quite a bit with the m and have rarely used it on other bodies...it's when i want it centered and locked that it's a pain.

Back