ICA Reflex SLR

Jake Mongey

Well-known
Local time
7:07 PM
I have recently stumbled upon a ICA reflex in what looks to be very nice condition for £35 local to me. I am unsure of film format but it *seems* to look like either 3.25 x 4.25 or 9x12 with a ziess 15cm 4.5 tessar.

A LF (I know its technically smaller than 4x5) SLR has been on my wishlist for some time but I would never pay full price for one so this is a bit of a blessing for me. I have a mate who services LF SLRs professionally who I can send pictures to while im there to give me advice on conditon.

I am more concerned about acquiring film for it, I know about the ilford ULF run but are there any other films currently being made for these formats in sheets?

If its all good I am very excited to get my hands on one of these after dabbling in 4x5 with the college MPP and zone focusing with flash at london fashion week but I always wanted to get a full blown SLR!

Perfect, further digging has confirmed its half plate so CHS 100 it is! Thank you - i forgot about adox!

I have cut down film, before but never got it precise enough in the dark

Build a jig out of thin plywood and mounting board. Use the plywood as the base. Cut and paste the mounting board L so that when you line up the film the cut parts are over the two edges. Might use a piece of photo paper on the plywood, glued, face up. This protects the film emulsion from scratching or getting dirty. Use a razor knife for trimming the film.

Just a few thoughts.

B2 (;->

Back