Iceland & Faroe Islands

SMX3042_s.jpg

I've been home from our Iceland trip for a month now and I'm ready to go back tomorrow.

However, why I'm replying is that when I got back from Iceland my wife suggested I needed a motorcycle and wanted to give me one for Fathers's day this past month. This came from left field as I've never considered a bike for many years. I said sure you don't mean an upgrade to the latest digital M?

40 years ago I have owned and raced bikes and in conjunction with her wishes and your experience on your bike here I found a mint 2003 BMW K1200GT at our local dealer. I take delivery when I get home from this week's 8 day traveling for work.

What are you shooting your wonderful panoramic with, Margus?

I'm using Horizon 202. Fully oldschool mechanical beast that needs fixing from time-to-time, broke in Iceland too, but managed to repair it - Soviet unreliability yet simplicity.

You definitely should, there's more than a few really awesome shots in here you could probably sell too.

Cheers man, let's see how this pans out. I just got Durst 138 enarger and installed it into my garage I hope to convert into my darkroom in the new house I live. I used to do lots of enlarging in the old house, but moved out and didn't do anything in few years - it was a big mistake! I miss proper hand-made fine art printing. Hopefully will take the project up in the winter when it's ready.

I've been home from our Iceland trip for a month now and I'm ready to go back tomorrow.

However, why I'm replying is that when I got back from Iceland my wife suggested I needed a motorcycle and wanted to give me one for Fathers's day this past month. This came from left field as I've never considered a bike for many years. I said sure you don't mean an upgrade to the latest digital M?

40 years ago I have owned and raced bikes and in conjunction with her wishes and your experience on your bike here I found a mint 2003 BMW K1200GT at our local dealer. I take delivery when I get home from this week's 8 day traveling for work.

I reckon you'll love it, K-series are indeed very decent touring bikes, they are fine "flying brick" engined BMWs - smooth and torquey, exacly what you'd need for the longer hauls.

Ride safe,
Margus

Back