Iceland in winter

Local time
9:38 AM
A small collection from a roadtrip along the south coast of Iceland in January this year.

Pen F, m.ZD 12/f2 and m.ZD 45/f1.8

Jökulsárlón by Nick Clark, on Flickr

Reynisfjara by Nick Clark, on Flickr

Skálafell by Nick Clark, on Flickr

Þingvellir National Park by Nick Clark, on Flickr

Falljökull by Nick Clark, on Flickr

Reynisfjara by Nick Clark, on Flickr

These are tremendous, and not just because of the content. Iceland has been over covered because it's so dramatic, and almost everything there has been photographed to death this century. These are genuinely excellent.

I particularly love the shot of the sea ice and the clarity and luminance of the ice.

Marty

if its not a problem to join this thread... iceland in december-few years ago... pentax 200d

24489753748_3caeded832_k.jpg

24489744788_e6d22f9504_k.jpg

38360732741_c9ef4b495f_k.jpg

38330341382_2e1707f6bd_k.jpg

38360800841_96cca95564_k.jpg

38360800031_4fed90a16b_k.jpg

26585639819_b1b7b3aea9_k.jpg

26585725969_1e53b054b4_k.jpg

not to belittle your pictures which are very good,
-Iceland's one of those places where you just cannot go wrong with a camera.
As long as you don't insist on street photography :D

not to belittle your pictures which are very good,
-Iceland's one of those places where you just cannot go wrong with a camera.
As long as you don't insist on street photography :D

its good for street as well-especially lines for sausages (or as they call them - pilsa) are fun places...

Iceland really living up to its name in your excellent images, Nick. I have found the 45/1.8 to be a great Olympus travel companion on my motorbike rides, but I'm guessing you weren't on a bike there in January :)
John Mc

Iceland really living up to its name in your excellent images, Nick. I have found the 45/1.8 to be a great Olympus travel companion on my motorbike rides, but I'm guessing you weren't on a bike there in January :)
John Mc

In a sense, it actually didn't live up to it's name. Considering we were there in mid-winter, it was surprisingly 'warm' (around 8C most days) and very wet - rain every day which only changed to snow the night before we left. More what I would expect from a Tasmanian winter than an island on the edge of the Arctic. Word from the glacier guides was that North Atlantic 'summer' storms are becoming more common in winter.

Here's some shot in portrait orientation.

Skógar by Nick Clark, on Flickr

Kirkjufjara by Nick Clark, on Flickr

Skógar by Nick Clark, on Flickr

Back