Hong Kong Idea for next HK RFF Meeting

Looks like we're going to have a big storm this weekend. May not be good weather for meterless shooting! What should we do? Any suggestions for a back-up plan?

Plan B :

Possible Shooting Ground : Kowloon Park, streets of TST and Victoria Harbour.
(It's easy to find a shelter, and camera shops...)

And lots of great restaurants.

Sounds feasible ?

I'm up for old villages in Hong Kong, but don't want to go through the hassle and expense of getting a new visa for China (mine ran out). :mad:

I don't have a visa for china either so old village in Hong Kong is fine by me.

Max

If you guys are really serious to shoot old villages, there are quite a few nice places in the vicinity of Yuen Long (yes, Yuen Long again), that no visa is necessary.

And just to let you know that I have to leave early on around 6:00pm this Sat., sorry.

So what is the plan for tomorrow, who is joining?

I like the idea of going to an old village in the NT but with the typhoon coming it might be better if we can run to shelter, so TST might be a better idea.

Otherwise, instead of taking pictures why don't we go to a photo exhibition? But I don't know if there is anything interesting at the moment.

Anyway, let me know what you want to do.

Max

So what is the plan for tomorrow, who is joining?

I like the idea of going to an old village in the NT but with the typhoon coming it might be better if we can run to shelter, so TST might be a better idea.

Otherwise, instead of taking pictures why don't we go to a photo exhibition? But I don't know if there is anything interesting at the moment.

Anyway, let me know what you want to do.

Max

I second you Max, that means we go plan B, Mr. Ho and Honpan ?

If yes, when shall we meet ?

BTW, just bought another fixed lens RF: 40/1.8, shutter priority and fully mechanical, with parallex correction. Guess what it is. He He..

Close.... but nope. BTW, I got a Yashica GX and it is a fantastic gear.

Guess again.

OH, what about our plan tomoorow, Max ? Agree on TST ?

Yeah TST is fine by me and I am available any time, just pick what is convenient for you.

Do you know any photo exhibition around TST in case the weather gets really nasty?

How about Louis, Calvin and Ainslie, are they coming?

Max

Yeah TST is fine by me and I am available any time, just pick what is convenient for you.

Do you know any photo exhibition around TST in case the weather gets really nasty?

How about Louis, Calvin and Ainslie, are they coming?

Max

I'll try my best to search for any photo exhibition.

May be we can have an early lunch together and then start our walking, 12:00 noon will be good to me.

And about our friends, I think those who have spare time to keep track on this site will be available, that means we got you, me, Mr. Ho and Honpan. AFAIK Louis is not in HK.

Fine, 12:00 in TST is good, now where exactly? you pick the place for lunch and I will meet you guys there.

Max

Hi - Dingo - your camera is probably a Minolta AL or Rokkor from the 60s..... cool....
Will b able to step out for a couple of hours as TST is home turf - but it's babysitting duty this weekend.

Hi - Dingo - your camera is probably a Minolta AL or Rokkor from the 60s..... cool....
Will b able to step out for a couple of hours as TST is home turf - but it's babysitting duty this weekend.

Yea ! Dryice66 ! To be exact it is an AL-E.

Hey friends, shall we meet inside the camera shops alley on Kimberley Road at 12:00 noon ?
Dryice66, join us at anytime.

So guys, last minute change of plan, I won't be able to meet you.

Have fun!

Max

Max, this is a real bad news ! So we only got 4 now : Mr. Ho, Honpan, Dryice66 and me.

May I suggest that if there is any one of us can't turn up tomorrow, we postpone our meeting, agree ?

If we should meet tomorrow, we stick to our plan of TST walk.

Back