Ikoflex - Shutter Release Cable Help

HanSolex

Local time
6:32 PM
I just obtained an old lever-focus Ikoflex in (claimed) working condition. Indeed, it seems to work fine, but I'm running a test roll through now. I'm a little confused about how to attach a cable to the shutter. The side of the lens board/front of the camera interferes with the knurled part of the cable I have. Is there a special type of cable (maybe with a longer, thinner nose) that I need? It'd be nice to have a solution ... i don't want to force this one in, and also since the shutter release for this model is next to the lens (rather than on top of the camera) it'd be nice to have a cable that works for general use.

I've only been shooting film for a few months and so there's some background knowledge I just don't have. Help appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_9714.JPG
    IMG_9714.JPG
    414.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9724.jpg
    IMG_9724.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 9
You might try looking for a smaller release cable. They tend to have smaller fittings on them, and I bet you can find one that will work with your Ikoflex.

Here's a selection from large to tiny:
Cables.jpg

That one on the far right is an oldie, with its nickel plating.

- Greg -

You might try looking for a smaller release cable. They tend to have smaller fittings on them, and I bet you can find one that will work with your Ikoflex.

Here's a selection from large to tiny:
View attachment 4828366

That one on the far right is an oldie, with its nickel plating.

- Greg -

The one on the far right is the correct period release for the Compur Rapid shutter on the camera. A small one like this is needed to operate the camera with a cable release.

Bill

Back