15361010939_9def346130_b.jpg

Canyon Gargoyle

All shot with 14/2.8 XF lens, which I've had for 1 1/2 months now. So far, I really enjoy this lens. Some images are cross posts from other threads. B&W conversions done in Silver FX Pro.

Grosvenor Arch, Utah

Badwater Basin, Death Valley

Ubehebe Crater, Death Valley

Racetrack Playa, Death Valley

Miner's Cabin, Death Valley

Little Wild Horse Canyon, UT

Mesa Arch, Canyonlands Natl. Park
Amazing shots, amazing.

It's a wide, wide, world

DSCF1795.JPG

DSCF1818.JPG

DSCF1843.JPG

Fujifilm X-Pro3, Fujinon XF 14mm f2.8 R lens
Astia film simulation
Yokohama, Japan - June 2020

All the best,
Mike

Cueto, Cuba: traditional pork meat sandwich. One simply roasts a pig overnight then cuts off little pieces of meat and places them in a hunk of bread. A sandwich costs 5 Cuban pesos which is equivalent to 20 cents US.

DSCF4369.jpg

Perspective and not the FOV is what I find so useful in these wides. That perspective allows you to get in close and accentuate the foreground, midground, and background that seems to add impact to photos. You can usually deal with the FOV or what is included in the frame with a footzoom but the perspective is where it is at for me.

DSCF4309.jpg

Rainy days

DSCF1122.JPG

DSCF1132.JPG

DSCF1134.JPG

Fujifilm X-Pro3 - Fujinon XF 14mm lens
Astia film simulation
Yokohama, Japan - July 2020

All the best,
Mike

Typical Cuban residential bathroom. The height of simplicity with no plumbing, just a multi use bucket full of water.

DSCF6186.jpg

Don't get so close to me and turn off your bloody phone. Binh Thanh, Ho Chi Minh City during the afternoon rush-hour. Fuji X-T1 - XF 2.8/14 R.

A funeral band performing at the wake of one of my neighbors in Ho Chi Minh City. Fuji X-T1 - XF 2.8/14 R.

The 2.8/14 is a very good lens but since I bought the XF 2.8/16-55 R two years ago, it hasn't seen much use.

Cueto, Cuba - local senior citizens activity center "casa de abuelos". Playing dominoes is a major activity everywhere in Cuba.

DSCF2743.jpg

Many years ago, planning my first trip to Cuba, there was an image burned into my brain that I just had to find and bring home. It was the Negro field worker, shirtless with rivulets of sweat pouring down his face while he attacked a field of sugar cane with his machete.

This is what I found.

DSCF4090.jpg

Sun Avenue, District 2, the new Saigon. Fuji X-T1 - XF 2.8/14 R.

Now finished and sold. Epson R-D1x - CV Super-Wide-Heliar III 4.5/15 - CV Zoomfinder 15-35 mm.

Back