Impressions of the Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 Biogon ZM lens

ZI 21 has a very nice white frame line, better than any in the OVF of any M. I think I paid around 140ish. Even has a rubber pad so has to not scratch glasses. Ergos are great, you loose almost no side vision. It's brighter than your own eyes, kid not :)

Yeah, there was a misunderstanding with the Zeiss vs. Contax made by Zeiss. But anyway, here in Germany I can not find any reasonable priced Zeiss finder at the moment. Import from outside of EU is no option, because all together one pays about 30% of the purchase price including shipping costs to the photography-lovers of our government.

I think, I will just take the first of the two, that I find for a reasonable price used: the Zeiss or the CV metal finder. Leica would be okay also, but it seems it is very unlikely to find it for less than your childrens kidneys and their heritage up the the third generation...

I like the focus tabs to, the CV is the only RF lens i have without the tab.

I also had a few over the years, but sold them all, no matter how good they were, even the 50 Summicron. I just can't get used to it.

I'm really looking forward to the Zeiss, I think I should have it start of next week. But I really like to use it with an optical finder instead of the EVF.

Old thread kick started again. So I am considering 21mm for film. ZM 2.8 or 4.5. Is the distortion on the 2.8 noticeable on real prints. Through the VC ff1.8 into the mix. I can buy a ZM f2.8 for a very similar price to the ZM f4.5. I take it the f4.5 is the tops, but 1 1/3 slower than the f2.8. Smaller size good but optical qualities on fim is what I want comments on. VC f1.8 compared to the ZM f2.8, noticeable. All focus to 0.5M which is good.

Lovely lens! Sharp corner to corner and easy to focus. I was using mine with a viewfinder, (the 21mm from the fuji x70), but will use the livewview in the m240 for more detailed focus... Some images below with an m240:

i-4S57Z2w-XL.jpg

i-4qQq5FW-XL.jpg

i-MspgJcH-XL.jpg

i-xP3pgq3-XL.jpg

L1008494-X3.jpg

L1000791-X3.jpg

Looks good to me. Has anyone taken the same scene with the f2.8 and f4.5. What difference in the real world are there?

Back