Canada In memory of Bodo.

Ko.Fe.

Lenses 35/21 Gears 46/20
Local time
10:37 AM
Bodo was ex-Leica technician, he was running camera store in Georgetown, Ontario and holding dealerships for some remarkable brands in camera industry.
I met him after he retired from retail business and was doing film Leica resale, exchange and repair. He showed me some real exotics from film Leica M world.
My two Canada made Leica cameras has his hands and knowledge on them. He did it for free or for small fee. Bodo gave me many old Leitz made lenses next to free and this is how I learned about old Leitz RF lenses.
He liked to listen same Russian music as me. And he was Leica like bread.

Bodo became ill this summer and peacefully passed away at beginning of August. I was told about it two days ago, by his son Alex who is running Halton Camera Exchange store where I used to meet Bodo on Monday and Tuesday...

I'm missing Bodo, he was more than camera sale and repair person. He was nice personality man, who could not only say some words in my language, but feel same way...

http://www.lifenews.ca/announcement/6812142-docker-bodo

Very Sorry to hear K. :(

You were Lucky to have spent Time together
Discussing things you both Love
RIP Bodo !

So sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. He sounds like a real gem of a person, giving away Leica lenses like he did.

WHAT ?? Bodo passed away ? that's terrible news. Bodo was a soft spoken gentleman who always had a smile and chat whenever I visited his shop or stopped by his table to chat at camera shows. Would always admire the numerous Leicas (some were exploded views) he had in his display case.

Thanks for posting this Ko.Fe.

I was in the shop just yesterday passing on my condolences to Alex. Bodo sold me my first real Leica ... an M3. He will be missed.

Sorry to hear about Bodo. I knew him as well from the shop and camera shows. He was a really nice guy and very pleasant to chat with. He'll be missed.

Back