In the WaPo

Interesting! HIs work is not really my cup of tea, subject wise, but it's an interesting glimpse of the photographic scene in NYC.

Not to my taste, but tbh it's cool that there is that variety. Lot of M6 + 28mm + portra 800, or 500c/m for street portraits, setups in NYC as best I can tell doing similar stuff.

Here's my question though. Would these photographs be any different if they were shot in a different city?

It would be remiss not to give a nod to the late Bill Cunningham when talking about NY street fashion photography. Thanks for the link.

This is basically photographing fashion in the streets. Of course other cities in other countries would be completely different.

I agree with what you're saying, but the spirit of my question was more about the fact that these photos don't have much of the context of New York in them. Those same people in the same outfits could almost be lifted up and plopped down anywhere. So like you said, these are street fashion photos. And they're obviously pretty good. But I don't really get the feeling that these are uniquely New York. I have to be told these are New Yorkers.

This is not, fwiw, a value judgment in any way of the photos.

I agree with what you're saying, but the spirit of my question was more about the fact that these photos don't have much of the context of New York in them.
Well, they have NYC´s style (I lived there for 10 years). For instance, I do not see these styles in Santiago, Chile. It isn't about the place but about the people.
Those same people in the same outfits could almost be lifted up and plopped down anywhere.
They could, but I would say you aren't going to find as many people dressed that way in a non major city. In other parts of the world, in a Major city, style will look completely different.
So like you said, these are street fashion photos. And they're obviously pretty good. But I don't really get the feeling that these are uniquely New York. I have to be told these are New Yorkers.
Ok, that might be true... but are you up on every trend in fashion? I am not. These could be uniquely NYC.
This is not, fwiw, a value judgment in any way of the photos.
Oh course. They aren't that interesting to me. However, he's doing his thing and he got some coverage.

Back