Industar- 24/Moment-24S (Moskva 5) cover screw quest

murrayatuptown

Established
Local time
10:46 PM
Hello:

I got a couple Industar-24/Moment-24S (MOMEHT_24C) lenses from someone who combined two Moskva 5 bodies to make a super-wide body.

One has been apart for years and I'm trying to just put the rear cover with back lens section on. It's missing three screws that hole the metal cover onto the shutter.

The 2nd lens has all the screws, so I COULD remove one and attempt identifying it with a digital caliper and counting threads under magnification. That would still leave me estimating the actual thread by reducing the measurement from the major thread diameter.

But if someone here knows a proper thread description for those three cover screws, that might help me seek replacements that work the first time.

Not sure where I'd look yet, but having a proper description might give me confidence.

Thanks for any help.

Murray

Sharing solution in case someone else wants to know someday.

Removed one of the slotted FHMS (flat head machine screws) from the 'fully-screwed' lens, and the major diameter of the threads is a little under 1.4 mm, and the overall length is 4.96 mm.

I didn't try to estimate the thread pitch, & chose some black micro Phillips M1.4x5 FHMS on eBay for about 4$/100, shipped.

Continued searching showed there are at currently at least three different pitches for M1.4 (0.20, 0.25, 0.30).

There could be thread variations between the European screws and Chinese, but they should be a better match than having none.

I used Japanese metric grub screws on a late 30's Agfa Jgestar lens and they worked well enough.

Back