Inexpensive Chinese Contax Mount to LTM- Maybe a little work required.

Do not adjust the RF of the camera. The problem is the adapter. The original adapters were great, could use with all lenses. Then- the manufacturer cheapened the design. The final M-Mount version- cannot be used with the Rangefinder, and can only be used with Liveview because the company never redesigned the Cam from the LTM version to work with an M-Mount bayonet. Sad. You could adjust the Lens to line up with the Adapter. Post a picture of the adapter, I suspect it is the same one I bought.

I recently got an RF to LM mount adapter from aliexpress to use my Nikkor S.C 50mm f1.4 lens with my M240P. I'm having a bit of an issue, not sure if others have had this, but the mount and lens work fine, however it seems my RF patch is out of phase with this lens or with the adapter. I need to use LV to focus correctly. Now I'm trying to see if I can either adjust the lens or the mount to get it the rf patch in phase. I tested other lenses and its not the camera RF that is out misaligned, so ruled that out. The lens is an internal mount lens btw. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
I hate to say it, but I bought the more expensive Amedeo adapter for my S mount lenses on my M 240 because the cheaper ones just don't work and can't be adjusted.

But it really really is worth it. L1000025-2.jpg

Leica M 240 w-nikkor 28/3.5

I use an Amedeo adapter for my Nikkor 50/1.4, Millenium version.

This is the cheap M-Mount adapter. In the Auction they state it cannot link focus to the camera, they are correct- the manufacturer did not make the obvious design change required. It can only be used for Liveview.

I use an Amedeo adapter for my Nikkor 50/1.4, Millenium version.

This is the cheap M-Mount adapter. In the Auction they state it cannot link focus to the camera, they are correct- the manufacturer did not make the obvious design change required. It can only be used for Liveview.
Could you just buy the cheap screw mount version that is claimed to couple with normals, and put an M adapter on it.

Yes- and that is what I do. The original version could be adjusted to handle external mount lenses, and internal. The later version- only can be used for internal mount, because they cheapened the design.

Yes- and that is what I do. The original version could be adjusted to handle external mount lenses, and internal. The later version- only can be used for internal mount, because they cheapened the design.
Well I'm glad to hear that at least that aspect works since I've got one coming this week. I have the 50 only style Amedeo for M, but have been using screw mount Leicas lately and have a couple 50 Sonnars that seem like a good match for those. The one I ordered was something like Fotofox; there was another in thread mount that did not seem to couple.

For $53- the adapters are worth buying and pairing with a lens.

We'll see how it goes. I can always use it on Live view.

Do not adjust the RF of the camera. The problem is the adapter. The original adapters were great, could use with all lenses. Then- the manufacturer cheapened the design. The final M-Mount version- cannot be used with the Rangefinder, and can only be used with Liveview because the company never redesigned the Cam from the LTM version to work with an M-Mount bayonet. Sad. You could adjust the Lens to line up with the Adapter. Post a picture of the adapter, I suspect it is the same one I bought.
The one I bought was this one rf-lm adapter which is the same one that got posted from ebay up there. I wouldn't have bought this one had I known the RF would be out of phase. I saw someone on a different forum post the rf-l39 one and I figured I would skip the extra adapter and go straight to the ltm one. Does the RF-L39 has the RF patch in phase? I might just buy that one instead of adjusting the lens itself if that's the case. Could use the other one for a different lens with an outer mount.

The one I bought was this one rf-lm adapter which is the same one that got posted from ebay up there. I wouldn't have bought this one had I known the RF would be out of phase. I saw someone on a different forum post the rf-l39 one and I figured I would skip the extra adapter and go straight to the ltm one. Does the RF-L39 has the RF patch in phase? I might just buy that one instead of adjusting the lens itself if that's the case. Could use the other one for a different lens with an outer mount.
The only one, currently made, that I am aware of that works with the RF is the Amedeo adapter. That's why it costs more and that is why I bought it.

Back