Interesting modified S36 motor and pack

There's quite a few of these fakes floating around in the Japanese market. I heard a guy in Osaka is churning them out.

I bought a lens from 'all-standard' last year which was held by customs here in the UK for a month because ParcelForce were too lazy/stupid/ignorant to pay the VAT owing on it . I assumed it was lost/stolen etc and once I'd started the procedure got my money back within a few days. It then turned up, with everyone blaming everyone else in the UK and without apology or explanation. ParcelForce, the most useless company in the World was at fault the most. I then made a new (the only) payment to 'all-standard'.
I don't think he would be selling 'fakes', so, if I was in the market for one of these, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

bump

no one has any thoughts on this ?

Apparently it's for display only since the seller makes this remark in the listing, read the last "note":

Shutter: Works well.
Shutter speed:Accurate.
Range finder:Clear
Double image:OK
Note: Motor drive is doing very well. But this can not interlock with the SP body.

s-l1600.jpg

That's one way of saying it was butchered but couldn't get it working.

how can you tell its an f36 conversion?
Cheers.

S36 motordrives have a serial number on the bottom. This one has no serial number anywhere, or did I miss it?

Kiu

Spmotor

Spmotor

There is no motor plate so the motor will not lock on th body with the turn key, neither will a standard back since the bottom camera plate needs to be in place . Kui is correct the s type motors have a serial number on the bottom plate , the motor may be a modified f type with a genuine s camera back , bottom of back plate doesn't look cut.
The battery back looks repurposed from some thing else , the motor cord is the early type (thin ) so for 9volt only

I can't see everything I'd like to in the pix, but I can see that all of the leather on the motor housing and the camera back is every poorly glued.

To be honest, it's not that interesting. Mainly because of the asking price...
It would be much more interesting if the listing from $100
But $100 is the discount from original price, now that's the camera is being re-listed.

A conversation piece? Yes, but for all the wrong reasons.

Kiu

The seller has cleverly set up the auction so that one is unable to ask any questions, which seems very strange for such an expensive item.
Robert

Back