Hong Kong Is anyone attending any of the PhotoFest Events?

dogbunny

Registered Boozer
Local time
5:07 AM
I stumbled across this. There seems to be a lot of different events scheduled through November and December. The "Passion" Exhibition looks interesting. It's dedicated to film photography. Also, the Photo Equipment Flea Market might be worth checking out. Some of the other exhibitions look pretty cool as well.

I stumbled across this. There seems to be a lot of different events scheduled through November and December. The "Passion" Exhibition looks interesting. It's dedicated to film photography. Also, the Photo Equipment Flea Market might be worth checking out. Some of the other exhibitions look pretty cool as well.

Thx for the information!

Photo Flea Market

Photo Flea Market

Hey Dingo & Gang,

Sean called me to say he and his friends will have a booth at The 3rd Annual Photo Equipment Flea Market. I'm going to go around 10am on Saturday when it opens. Shall we meet up and check it out together?

Adrian

Date: 11th December - 12th December Time: 10:00a.m. - 10:00p.m. Venue: Jockey Club creative Arts Centre, 1/F ,30 Pak Tin Street , Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon

Hey Mr. Ho!!! Long time to see!!! (I don't hang around here lately very often as a matter of fact, he he)

Sounds good, but I guess I am only available on Sunday afternoon, I'll spread this out by email, see if anyone's interested.

Thanks for your suggestion!

No problem, Dingo, just give us a budget and Pan and I will go shopping for you! ;)

I'm going Saturday morning, as Sunday won't work for me.

Anybody else want to come along?

Did anyone actually go? I thought it was crap. Completely overpriced, the same guys you see flogging beat-up cameras and lenses at Champagne Court and Stanley St...waste of time.

It's made me consider setting up my own classic camera showroom store here in HK, but focusing on high quality goods at reasonable prices. If it's possible, my aim would be to undercut all those rude, impatient TST guys with equipment that is at a much higher level of quality. Argh.

Back