Is it possible to make an Album with photos already in the RFF gallery?

robert blu

quiet photographer
Local time
7:36 AM
Hi all my friends, I recently noticed that after many years of RFF my gallery seems (it is) quite confused.
Photos are mixed, some are part of projects, some are experiments, some are personal moments...
I would like to reorganize them in a series of Albums. I know when posting a photo it is possible to insert it in an Album but my question is if there is a way to make albums with photos which are already in the Gallery.
I made a few attempts but with no success! Any suggestion?

I would be very interested in doing this myself. My gallery photos are a real jumble, have used the gallery to link images to threads as I’ve never used a hosting provider. A question though, would moving things into albums break links to RFF threads?

Glenn

I'm not much of a gallery user, but if I understand the question, it looks like a fairly simple process:
  1. Create the albums
  2. Select Gallery > Edit my photos
  3. Select the album for each photo
  4. Click Apply Edits.
John

@JohnWolf thank you for those tips. It wasn't very intuitive at all but your directions really helped a lot! (y)

I probably won't use this feature much as well but it's good to know it is possible.

I created a small album called "Cambodia" to test this out.

1678612578471.png

To create an album, click "Edit albums" under Options, then "Create New Album" in the new Manage Your Albums window.

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 5.18.22 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 5.18.33 AM.png

And, you select the photos to include in your album from the "Edit my photos" command on the Gallery menu.

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 6.02.40 AM.png

Looks like the option was removed with the website redesign? I'm not seeing it myself as well.

I just saw this

I forgot to pushout the code from my ag2si site which is where i do the development.

You can now make an album private as well.

The options should be in your gallery dashboard now under the Manage options

1705684547891.png

Back