Iskra Picture Gallery

Agfa Aviphot 400

img1059.jpg

In reference to your remarks on my picture in post #13 , this was simply a crop of a larger picture . (The great lens on the earlier Iskra 1 cameras make this really easy.) Sorry for the slow reply , I'd been away when this thread was active and hadn't searched for it . Peter

There's something wonderful about the rendering of the photos on the Iskra that I really like. I saw your guy's photos on flickr and didn't realize they came from this site.

For some reason, I like the photos more than comparable Agfa or even Voigtlander folders.

I thought about ordering one but unfortunately they have a reputation for failing, and it's impossible to find a serviced copy these days. Seems like a roulette to find a good one, and even then, I hear the bellows and such can develop light leaks quite easily because of how old they are.

Glad you guys were able to get good photos from them!

the weakest part is the advance mechanism / frame counting / double exposure prevention. The small pivot gear can easily get damaged, and this is the reason you find 99% of these cameras with the red window mod. I wish I could 3D print the damaged part... maybe long term project.

The images are too large. I cannot see any of them in toto on my laptop screen. I have to scroll up and down to view them top to bottom. Just a suggestion.

I wasn't sure if that was mine or not, since mine were a bit smaller than some others, but I downsized them some anyway, well below the limit. Used to not be a problem, not sure if something has changed, but thanks for mentioning it. They were loading well within the confines of the window on my desktop or my iOS device, but it's hard to know what others are seeing. Smaller now, anyway.

the weakest part is the advance mechanism / frame counting / double exposure prevention. The small pivot gear can easily get damaged, and this is the reason you find 99% of these cameras with the red window mod. I wish I could 3D print the damaged part... maybe long term project.
I realized that almost three years ago, I posted a comment (or rant) about my Iskra camera, which had been sitting unused on a shelf for the past 12 years. I wanted to provide an update to my comment and say that my 'long-term project' of restoring the camera was successful, thanks to Oleg's help. Here are the results of my first roll with the camera after the full service.

Low-key
20230512_0005_pano_01.jpg
High-key
20230512_0044_pano_01.jpg

I realized that almost three years ago, I posted a comment (or rant) about my Iskra camera, which had been sitting unused on a shelf for the past 12 years. I wanted to provide an update to my comment and say that my 'long-term project' of restoring the camera was successful, thanks to Oleg's help. Here are the results of my first roll with the camera after the full service.

Low-key
View attachment 4821614
High-key
View attachment 4821615
Glad to hear that your Iskra is back from the dead. They're great cameras and deserve a little TLC. And oh, that lens!

Back