istanbul dissection I

i love the one with the gun. also, the cats ears looking out of the windows are both clever and hillarious. love the tones, gotta get me some dd-x. and a ticket to a foreign place.

Great stuff Simon. Thanks for posting.

Missed you in Berlin last week, even though I knew I wouldn't find you there. Next time, right!?

Excellent. Thanks for not showing us the blue mosque.
All really good. Love the yayli tanbur shot a lot. Wonder where you took that one? Doesn't look like a crappy tourist joint. I would still think it is in Beyoglu, but maybe not?
You have captured something essential about Istanbul...I can see you are trying to go beyond the surface. This set proves my point: The best so called street shots are always taken in inside spaces! At least, side streets!
Very inspiring.

Love the yayli tanbur shot a lot. Wonder where you took that one? Doesn't look like a crappy tourist joint. I would still think it is in Beyoglu, but maybe not?

correct on all accounts. it was taken late at night / early in the morning in an artist's atelier in karaköy / galata. the people in the shot are among the best that the istanbul jazz scene has to offer, this was some sort of private "afterparty" the night of a major gig.

Back