It's Red Oktober 2021!

Overcast morning by the sea.
Iskra, Shanghai GP3 at ISO 100 , Semi-stand HC-110
These are gorgeous, Joao. Many years ago I had a strong desire to track down a fully functional Iskra - a desire that eventually fizzled out by the apparent difficulty (and price) of that quest. These images have definitely rekindled that desire. Really strong compositions. I love how small the person is in the Pier shot - makes you appreciate the vastness of the sea.

The sky tones and textures are lovely, too. Did you use a filter for that? I don't remember Shanghai ever being that good!

I haven't done as much shooting this month as I would have liked. Here are my submissions.
Zebulon Butterfly - A butterfly sculpture that we liked in downtown Zebulon, NC. 2 October 2021
Butterfly_ZebulonNC_20211002-11 by Steven Wagner, on Flickr

WW1 with Healthcare clinic - A WWI memorial on the grounds of the Nash County Courthouse, Nash County, with signs for a healthcare clinic at it's feet.
WWIMonument_NashvilleNC_20211023 by Steven Wagner, on Flickr

These are gorgeous, Joao. Many years ago I had a strong desire to track down a fully functional Iskra - a desire that eventually fizzled out by the apparent difficulty (and price) of that quest. These images have definitely rekindled that desire. Really strong compositions. I love how small the person is in the Pier shot - makes you appreciate the vastness of the sea.

The sky tones and textures are lovely, too. Did you use a filter for that? I don't remember Shanghai ever being that good!

Thank you for the kind comments

Iskra : I was lucky in buying mine as an inexpensive "parts" camera from the U.S. and sending it to Oleg in Russia. He did his magic and the camera works flawlessly since then . Not a good example of ergonomics, but I got used to it.

Pictures: I used a yellow filter, yes. And I was lucky with the sky and the light, it was a very special morning. The Shanghai GP3 can give excelet tonalities (I used HC-100 in semi-stand), but the emulsion is unreliable , I had to correct several white spots after scanning : Something I don't like at all. It happens with some rolls, not with others from the same batch.

Best regards
Joao

Back