JACRO UV Film - ISO 0.001 - Develop w/Heat or UV Light

raydm6

Yay! Cameras! 🙈🙉🙊┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ [◉"]
Local time
6:03 PM
Saw this posted in Photrio. Thought it might be of interest here:

Still looks experimental and they are looking for experienced product developers:
Given our slitting and perforating capabilities, our passion for film and our thirst for alternative and exciting film products, Jacro is always considering how to provide silver halide photographic film.

We are therefore exploring manufacturing photographic film, although recognise that our chances of success are low, probably around 5% for the coating and emulsion to come together, and produce a product that has a market (even a small niche one) that will support its overheads.

If you have experience in this area and would like to be involved we encourage you to get in contact with us.

And related:

Last edited:
The original formulation of the film gave off acidic fumes, which would explain the warning to not store near regular film.
I would not feel comfortable having the film around anything.

The original formulation of the film gave off acidic fumes, which would explain the warning to not store near regular film.
I would not feel comfortable having the film around anything.

I know, this last paragraph in the Wikipedia article gave me some pause as well - although the problem been addressed. Not sure about the new stuff.
Kalvar had been in use for some time when a serious problem was discovered – when the saran plastic broke down it gave off hydrochloric acid. The gas would not corrode the Kalvar film, but would any normal film stored nearby, and especially the storage containers.[5] This was cause for serious concern, as the New York Times had invested heavily in Kalvar copying and had distributed copies of the newspaper on Kalvar microfilm to libraries around the world where they co-mingled with normal films. They had to provide free replacements of their microfilm version when the problem was noticed.[6] Versions of the Kalvar stock using improved supporting film were developed that fixed this problem.

Last edited:
I wonder if the low ISO is all due to the film, or the response of most lenses. I have the UAT Takumar, designed for UV and IR.

Back