California (Bay Area, Northern) James Nachtwey at UC Berkeley's Brower Center April 9th 7-9pm

I don't see that they're going to live-stream it -- wish they'd at least film or record it and make it available on demand.

Anyone who is not sure if they should go or not should watch is 23 minute TED talk at or watch the full length Academy Award nominated movie about him"James Nachtwey: War Photographer" by Christian Frei

If you can't make his talk, watch the movie. Not a spoiler but the movie opens with the Robert Capa quote "If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."

I don't see that they're going to live-stream it -- wish they'd at least film or record it and make it available on demand.
So yes they are recording it, but it might be upwards of a year before it's publicly posted because the University (it's not just the university, but state and federal too) has put in lot more restrictions and rules about what and how we can post videos like this in order to make them more with title 9 and ADA requirements.

Bob, Filmtwit -- thanks for the info. I have had the DVD of "War Photographer" for years; it's hard to say one "enjoys" watching a documentary that is so revealing of tragedy, so I'll just say I was moved by the content of the film and James Nachtwey's humanity in his documentary process. I'd no idea about the restrictions and rules, so I'll wait patiently for a time when his presentation might be available -- in the meantime, I'll check out the TED talk.

Bob, Filmtwit -- thanks for the info. I have had the DVD of "War Photographer" for years; it's hard to say one "enjoys" watching a documentary that is so revealing of tragedy, so I'll just say I was moved by the content of the film and James Nachtwey's humanity in his documentary process. I'd no idea about the restrictions and rules, so I'll wait patiently for a time when his presentation might be available -- in the meantime, I'll check out the TED talk.
It's something the UNiversity hit us with last semester, so (since part of my work here is videoing and editing stuff like this) we've been sitting on everything from this school year till they make final decisions and come up with the money to do the work

Back