JPG Magazine

pcfranchina

Well-known
Local time
6:46 PM
Anyone else been getting this magazine? I have gotten the last few issue and really enjoy it. It’s the opposite of any magazine like Pop Photo. Very little about gear, no ads and all photos. All the photos come from reader submissions. All of the work published is really great and very inspirational. Makes you want to grab your camera and go.
Anyone here been published in there yet? I finally got the nerve to submit a photo. Check me out:
http://www.jpgmag.com/photos/136650

just found by chance "Street" issue

just found by chance "Street" issue

Hi there,

yes I was also about to start a thread about this magazine. I just by chance found it when the title "Street" caught my eye at a local B&N. It's the latest issue and topic for submissions was streetphotography, really great stuff !! Of course when the topic is not for you , you might want to skip the specific volume but the current one is awesome. I didn't check out their webside yet and conditions for submissions but the idea to have readers actually turn their favorite stuff into a magazine is great. On the other hand one opportunity less for someone who earns a living on photography...

I pick it up when I see it on the rack.

Yes, I particularly enjoyed the "Street" issue, even though one topic gave me the creepies! :)

I saaw it a while ago after a friend told me. I don't think any of my pictures are good enough, but it's a nice democractic system.

Good photo. It looks a little like Nick Cave to me.

I was enthusiastic about the JPGmag concept for a while, but after seeing a few issues online, I concluded that the magazine sucks doodoo.

Take a look and judge for yourself:
http://jpgmag.com/issues/

That's just my opinion though, many people seem to like it.

Last edited:
I like the magazine. The images are on the non-traditional side which I do appreciate. I'm not crazy about the articles as they are somewhat amateurish.

pcfranchina said:
Wow I actually thought the opposite. Finally a magazine that's not all ads.

Another thing I like was the fact that they do not use those stupid fall-out cards like almost every other magazine in the world does. Those can be majorly annoying. You have to spend a minute or so to de-bone a magazine. :(

I actually checked at "Barnes And Borders" for a new one over lunch, but they still have the "Street" issue on the racks.

I saw the magazine for the first time recently. I also like it, though I'm not 100% sold on the idea that user-generated content can keep a traditional publication going for a long time. Web sites are one thing, but I don't know about publications. That said, there are some interesting photos and topics to inspire inside the pages. It certainly bears watching...

I just saw the street issue. Of course it is refreshing to see a real street rag but I am not in need of the San Fransisco Morals for self meaning and such. but still I liked it.

I just went to the store today and bought the Street issue. Wow, there's some great work in there all throughout, and I like their philosophy. Definitely going to subscribe to this one.

Back