New York June NYC Meet-Up

I just realized that Sunday the 25 is also the same day as the Gay Pride Parade.

Oh-well.

Cal

Damn. Forgot that one. Thats always a good day to shoot. Maybe we should move the date one day to Saturday? There's no rule saying its only Sunday is there?

Damn. Forgot that one. Thats always a good day to shoot. Maybe we should move the date one day to Saturday? There's no rule saying its only Sunday is there?

Pro-Mone,

Unfortunately for me I require reserving one day of the weekend for shooting Maggie's blog.

If you want to sponsor a Meet-Up on a Saturday please feel free. I'm unable to attend though.

Last night I took the subway to Union Square and walked due west to get near the Highline. Pretty low light that creates dramatic long shadows and ultra high contrast between light and shadows. I started shooting about a quarter to seven, and by 7:30 the light was fleeting.

I ended up walking home for the exercise.

Really hard to get in my shooting in, and the Gay Pride Parade is too important.

Cal

Well its's going to be weird doing a meetup without both you and John. 2 meetups in July? first and last weeks? I'm shooting the gaypride parade so will not turn up if we do set the meetup for the 25th

Pro-Mone,

Unfortunately for me I require reserving one day of the weekend for shooting Maggie's blog.

If you want to sponsor a Meet-Up on a Saturday please feel free. I'm unable to attend though.

Last night I took the subway to Union Square and walked due west to get near the Highline. Pretty low light that creates dramatic long shadows and ultra high contrast between light and shadows. I started shooting about a quarter to seven, and by 7:30 the light was fleeting.

I ended up walking home for the exercise.

Really hard to get in my shooting in, and the Gay Pride Parade is too important.

Cal

Well its's going to be weird doing a meetup without both you and John. 2 meetups in July? first and last weeks? I'm shooting the gaypride parade so will not turn up if we do set the meetup for the 25th

Pro-Mone,

The is the Demolition of the Bridge that spans Newtown Creek. Also I might try to fit in a vacation...

Cal

Pro-Mone,

The world of fashion surely has changed my life. Not sure I like the chaos that it brings, but I think it has made me grow as a photographer, and it has me doing things I might not otherwise do.

Not sure a lazy slacker like me likes being so busy.

Cal

Not sure a lazy slacker like me likes being so busy.
But of course you are busy by choice, taking advantage of opportunities, rather than being forced to do so, such that your level of work is determined by you rather than others. Doesn't sound like such a tough position to be in. Everyone should be so lucky. Enjoy it while it lasts.

But of course you are busy by choice, taking advantage of opportunities, rather than being forced to do so, such that your level of work is determined by you rather than others. Doesn't sound like such a tough position to be in. Everyone should be so lucky. Enjoy it while it lasts.

PTP,

You are correct in that I am trying to make the most of it. Also I think that it perhaps can't last and might not be sustainable. The world of fashion burns though people.

Already met a supermodel who retired from her modeling career. Perhaps she was in her early twenties.

On Project Runway Heidi Klum says, "One day you're in: the next day you're out."

Cal

If there's a quorum for one of the few remaining weekend days in June, I'm happy to join, although the number of potential days (and June itself) seem to be shrinking rapidly.

What time is this meet, eat and shot?, and I looked on Google and if it's the same
diner and the one by the seven train.

BOB,

That info is on "Robert's" thread that he began in the local clubs section, but here it is again: 9:00 AM June 26th Court Square Diner LIC. I'll be shooting early near Queens Plaza if anyone want to meet me there before 9:00 AM.

Early morning is pretty light in that area.

Cal

Better hope it doesn't rain on June 26, as it's forecasted.
-John

John,

Philly was pretty much the same (predicting a strong chance of rain later in the day), but we ended up having good weather. It seems it rained in NYC and north of the city.

Cal

Back