Just got an RD1.

I picked one up from a RFF member a few weeks back. Still getting acquainted with the RD-1. I have it listed for sale but recently took it to a bachelor party and the thing performed magnificently.

16729961843_84f1fd4582_c.jpg

I'm excited!

My R-D1s is on it's way :)

I'm currently a Fuji X100T shooter and while I love that camera, it's just not the same as a rangefinder.

I have a CV 35/1.4 Classic SC coming with it.

I'm very excited about this. I've been doing nothing but searching forums and looking over flickr images.

Holy crap I love this camera. It's very different from my X100T and I don't think that I'll be getting rid of the T anytime soon because of that.

Unlike the M9 I tried, this was cheap enough (relatively speaking) that I can have both without breaking the bank wide open.

I'm homebound today (working from home)so I really don't have an opportunity to shoot anything yet but I can say this; Lens cap!

Wow..my hit rate would go WAY up if I could remember to take the dang lens cap off!

Also, I didn't realize that the diopter was clear glass so I need to shoot with my glasses on which means the framelines are hard to see due to being further back. I ordered a few diopters from B&H to give that a shot, I really like to shoot with my glasses off.

Also, I love the colors and rendering of a CCD. This is the same feeling I got when I shot the M9 and saw the files for the first time. I really like them, I don't know why.

Also, one thing I REALLY like over the M9 is that the viewfinder is 1:1 so that you can really have both eyes open when you shoot..for real..and it looks great....the camera disappears.

I'll try and do more over the weekend.

I'm posting two shots; the first is my Lightroom import screen..notice all of the black squares? :)

The second is a shot of my puggy Pancho in the back yard getting ready to whiz on something.

Sorry, but for now, that's all you get.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 12.41.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 12.41.24 PM.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
My RD1 listed in the classifieds is out for service. I should get it back soon. Once it arrives I hope to play with it a little bit before someone picks it up.

And this is my first official "no lens cap" shot.

I know it's not much...but it's the first of many

Attachments

• EPSN1779.jpg
    EPSN1779.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
congrats. same feelings i had about the sensor and vf size. my advice on the lens cap: use a hood. you need it anyway for a 35mm. then you dont have to worry about a cap and its always ready but the lens is protected. enjoy it. after all my buyings and sellings for the last five or six years, i am completely happy with the rd1 and leica glass as my main tool. i wouldnt consider replacing it with a digi m. the konos now, thats another story...):

good on the 21 skopar! ive got a 21mm elmarit, and the fov is just a little bigger than the entire vf. at about 31mm, with a 21mm DOF, this is my favorite 'street' lens. no need to focus, just put it on f8, zone focus on the lens and shoot from the hip! of course its a great landscape, landmark lens as well.

good on the 21 skopar! ive got a 21mm elmarit, and the fov is just a little bigger than the entire vf. at about 31mm, with a 21mm DOF, this is my favorite 'street' lens. no need to focus, just put it on f8, zone focus on the lens and shoot from the hip! of course its a great landscape, landmark lens as well.

You got it!

Off topic a bit...how do I link large pictures here? I notice that some folks can but mine get a warning if they are big and all I can link or upload are small ones

+1: I tried a 21/3.4 Super-Angulon, but that vignettes like a sonofagun on the R-D1, and the big rear element hoses the camera's metering. But the CV 21/4 works like a charm. :)

i do get some vignetting with the elmarit, but i kinda expected that. its not bad at all though and easily corrected PP. the colors though are sensational.

I am loving this thing.

It's really weird to get used to after shooting regular DSLR and mirrorless cameras for so long...but it's really rewarding.

And I swear, the files look just like M9 files (which I really like)

19190560970_569931e22f_b.jpg

Off topic a bit...how do I link large pictures here? I notice that some folks can but mine get a warning if they are big and all I can link or upload are small ones

There may be multiple ways, but I take a direct link to an appropriately-sized image hosted elsewhere (like Flickr, Imgur, etc) and insert it with the tags. That's always worked for me and results in the full-sized image being shown. What dimensions are the images you're trying to link?

--------------------------

Back OT... every time I see a thread like this I regret selling my R-D1. Danger danger danger says my bank account... ;)

rpavich, I agree about the colors; there's really something magical about the images from the R-D1. Just beware the limited dynamic range and the images will be like nothing else.

My RD1 is back from service. Everything is working great!

My ad expired but I'm not in a huge rush to sell now that I have something new to play with.

19517577899_214acdc4e8_c.jpg

Back