just 'won' on ebay

Hey, congratulations! I've been losing a lot lately... but then, it's not like I expect to win anyway.

I'm green with envy... but I'll live :p

That's a very nice camera. You'll be pleasantly surprised with the results.

actually the real hot number is the 7 2s. there is quite a difference in the price that they go for.

this guy still has not sent me the info for payment.
i hope it's not a dodge.
maybe he wanted more money for the camera.

very frustrating!
this camera looks new, no scratches, still shiny and the glass looks clear.
but i can't get the meter to work.
i'm hoping it's something basic that i'm missing.
there was a mercury battery in it which i checked and my tester reads good.
i changed over to a working wein battery but still nothing.
any suggestions?
joe

Do you have the manual? The meter may not work in manual mode, it may only work in AE. Have you looked to see if it is registering anything in AE mode?

hey rover,
i found a manual online. i don't see anything in it that could help me so far. i have tried it set with both shutter speed & aperture set to auto and every permutation i could think of. still nothing.
i may have bought a dud.

joe

backalley photo said:
... i may have bought a dud.

It's beginning to look that way. Bummer! Was it advertised as "working?" Perhaps you can return it to the seller?

'excellent working condition'
that's what the ad said.

i dread the process with this guy. it took a month to get the camera here in the first place.

i may keep it and finally force myself to learn to shoot without a meter. i mostly shoot b&w anyway. i like aperture(ae) mode so i could just set my f-stop and figure out the shutter speed as i go.
i only paid $30 cdn for it.

joe

Hi "Backalley",

Check out Matt Denton's page on Himatic 7 at

http://homepage.mac.com/mattdenton/photo/cameras/minolta_himatic_7s.html

In the body of his article, Matt mentions

"I'll have to verify this via a manual but it looks like in addition to regular ASA/DIN settings you can switch metering off (to save battery perhaps?) with the same switch on the lens barrel."

I wonder if *that's* the problem. Got my fingers crossed.

Best regards,
SteveR

hey steve,
thanks for the info, unfortunately that's not the problem.
i was hoping for something simple like that but my luck is not so good on this one.

joe

Back