Other Areas Karneval in Köln!

BJ Bignell

Je n'aurai plus peur
Local time
3:05 AM
Jo and I spent the weekend enjoying Karneval here in Cologne. It was a great time, we saw lots of crazy costumes, enjoyed the parade, and had a good number of beers! :cool:

We had a good spot for today's parade, right at the front, but close to home, so far from what would have been the madness around the Dom and the heart of downtown. It was a good party, and an incredibly long parade. We stuck it out for six hours (4.5 hours of actual parade time) before we had had enough.

I'm just finishing posting our digital pictures from today's parade on our website. You can see them with the pictures from earlier in the weekend in this gallery. Sorry, no RF pictures yet, but I'll be getting some of them done this week.

Did anyone else brave the madness in Cologne, or in one of the other cities that were also celebrating? I'd love to see your pictures.

Kölle Alaaf!
BJ

Last edited:
Last weekend I've been to Eindhoven to photograph some crazy dutch carneval people. It was very fun, a lot bigger and more energetic then what I'm used to in Belgium.

Joris

Oh Yeah, Karneval in Köln is really something. I know who went visiting friends there on Thursday and next time he see's them it's Wednesday :angel: . It's just a lot of fun and no need to fear getting thirsty or bored.

Nice pics btw :cool:

John

Back