KENTMERE B&W Film IN 120 FORMAT

That's nice. Although I like the foma100 I never liked the foma400 and the hp5 is a bit on the expensive side. Therefore the kentmere 400 is a very welcome addition. Never used the kentmere 100 so let's see if it will win me over the foma100.

(foma100 is great film in 120 but last couple of rolls I shot came with scratches).

That's nice. Although I like the foma100 I never liked the foma400 and the hp5 is a bit on the expensive side. Therefore the kentmere 400 is a very welcome addition. Never used the kentmere 100 so let's see if it will win me over the foma100.

(foma100 is great film in 120 but last couple of rolls I shot came with scratches).

I like Foma 400 in 35mm for its exaggerated grain sometimes...in reality it is actually a 250 ISO film and not as predicable as other higher priced film from Kodak and Ilford in quality from shot to shot.

I wonder if the Kentmere 120 film has faint markings on the paper roll like other Ilford products? It is hard to see the exposure number through the red window in some of my cameras. I'm experimenting with some other films to find some with great numbers. So far I have tried Rollei amd Foma films and the numbers are dark and sharp.

A new film coming out and being reasonably priced is a rare thing these day - much more so being one of the major three film firms.

There was a time that I wouldn't consider any film other than the best offerings from the big guns (Tri-x, TMax, HP5, neopan). Now the more I use other films, the more I like them (especially the Pan400, now that I found a way to develop it to my liking). I am going to source a Kentmere 400 for my Rolleicord and see how I feel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6460 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	297.1 KB ID:	4811749
A new film coming out and being reasonably priced is a rare thing these day - much more so being one of the major three film firms.

"There was a time that I wouldn't consider any film other than the best offerings from the big guns (Tri-x, TMax, HP5, neopan). Now the more I use other films, the more I like them..."

Pan...I like that philosophy.( Although when I do important trips i default to FP4+ & TMY2.). I wonder if it's the magic of the unpredictable? I admit I far prefer the outcome of an old Dagor, Tessar, the Elmar 35, or the Color-Skopar on my Perkeo w Foma 200 ....to Fuji Acros w Rodenstock Apo Sironar S. I've ordered up some Kentmere 100 in 120 and look forward to trying it out. The American poet Gary Snyder has a line in one of his poems "what's imperfect, is best."

There was a time that I wouldn't consider any film other than the best offerings from the big guns (Tri-x, TMax, HP5, neopan). Now the more I use other films, the more I like them (especially the Pan400, now that I found a way to develop it to my liking).

I can also sympathise/agree with this. I used to be a slave to HP5+, XP2 and Tri-X many years back (I was also fully committed to 400ISO, in case you can't tell). In more recent years I've discovered that the more esoteric films usually give me much more interesting and pleasing results; Fomapan 100, Pan F+, Rollei Retro 80S... hell, I'd even take Shanghai GP3 over FP4+ if the QC was more reliable (I haven't tried any for years, but the 220 rolls have me tempted).

Don't get me wrong, Tri-X et. al. are nice... but nice often translates to "boring".

This is really good news. I was very happy that Kodak Gold 200 is back in 120; hopefully my local store will carry this also.

Back