Kodachrome -Post your images!

Wonderful images posted here...:)

Now I regret my misspent youth and my aimless directions in later life, as related to why I ever used anything other than Kodachrome. I can only ask myself "Why?"...as I can imagine so many beach vacations, travel adventures, daily life experiences and events that would have been so much more had I just simply used Kodachrome.:)

Sigh...:angel:

Kodachrome 25 pro (PKM) Taken 1992
167200576.jpg

I have been meaning to do something with my slides for years and finally bought a Nikon ES-1 slide copier adapter. I've had great success with the adapter on a Nikon 55mm f/3.5 and my Sony A7II. Unfortunately I found some mold on the slides due to my sloppy storage over the last 50 years. I mainly used Kodachrome 25 and Ektachrome. Having gone through the slides, I wish I had shot only Kodachrome!

Vermont 1974 (Leica M2 with Summaron 35/2.8)

When I knew that Kodachrome had to be discontinued I bought 10 rolls.
This is from one of them, Nikon FM2; 50/1.4 AIS; Kodachrome 64

U3692I1290791881.SEQ.0.jpg

What a shame it's all gone now. Same w/ some of the Agfa films. I loved the colours of their Optima line.

Seeing the Kodachromes scans here reminds me of the Technicolor movies. That was also a black and white film that was made into colours w/ dyes. Quite a process too! I'll never complain about carrying a heavy camera again after seeing the 400 lb Techicolor camera in the second link. Most of the massive size was the blimp around the camera, as seen in the last two links.

http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/oldcolor/big_camera_pic.htm

http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/oldcolor/technicolor6.htm

http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_759495

http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_759495

Just trying to get a Kodachrome-colours to some of my actual images

U12155I1526719637.SEQ.0.jpg

Edit: just not to disturb this only original film theme here I have opened another thread which should be about
bringing a Kodachrome expression to actual pictures.

This is Kodachrome 10 used in 1946 at Santa Cruz, CA. To me it could have been taken yesterday. Photo credit W. K. Amonette.

Kodachrome from 1948 by W.K. Amonette by John Carter, on Flickr

Thanks to everyone so far, this has turned out to be a remarkable thread for me. Not only because of wonderful images posted, and Larry, that is indeed a Kodak Moment shot you posted... but I have learned that all these years, I have been looking at black and white family photos from my parents' which ended sometime in the 1960s. After that, my old family photos were color mostly and shot on cheap film with cheap cameras that left images that are now fading and were not that good a quality to begin with... no wonder I always thought of the family times before I was born as depressing, and somehow so out of touch! The photos are not quite as bad as those on the walls at Cracker Barrel, LOL, but all of them left me with a depressed feeling until I saw the Kodachrome Slides posted here, dated 1940, 1947, 1948 and in the 50s.

Not only were the images in remarkable condition with a beauty of their own but the times, the clothing, the people, their homes, their yards all were in COLOR!!!! Holy crap, it is amazing that after all this time, I can now remember those times, in COLOR!!! I did not grow up as a kid in a black and white world, it was colorful and our homes had colorful rooms and furniture, and our cars were not all "Henry Ford Model T BLACK"! No, they were red, blue, green, yellow, and two-tone pastels, and colorful!:eek:

So, "thank you" to all of you posting and if you have some really old Kodachrome images to post, please continue to do so. If this old dog can be reminded that life was exciting and colorful when I was growing up, which was no different for my parents and their parents, then, maybe there are others who will wake up as I have just done.

Dang, this is so cool!:angel:

Back