Kodak bw400cn: Street Soldier

john_van_v

Well-known
Local time
8:41 AM
I am planning to get started with my Petri 7s as soon as I get back to NYC to do more work on Times Square.

Here are some bc400cn photos, maybe you have seen them already; I think they all bring out the power of B&W film. I cannot actually find the references saying that all of these are shot w/ bw400cn, but enough of them are "tagged" bw440cn to make me think so.

The picture taker is Leroy Skalstad. These pictures are from his volunteer job at a community mealsite. He is on Flickr.

wd9hot

STREET_SOLDIER

66747179_569af82f84.jpg

Hi Res download: http://morguefile.com/archive/?display=92083&amp

Here are more bc200cn tagged photos:
http://www.flickr.mud.yahoo.com/photos/tags/bw400cn/

Even though you have credited the photographer and you clearly admire his work, posting someone else's images here is a violation of copyright law and an infringement on the author's intellectual property rights. Please post a link rather than someone else's images.

Pablito said:
Even though you have credited the photographer and you clearly admire his work, posting someone else's images here is a violation of copyright law and an infringement on the author's intellectual property rights. Please post a link rather than someone else's images.
Posting the inline images are themselves links, I would think. I'd be cautious about citing copyright infringement when one is not a moderator or administrator of the site. Just a thought.

1) I am protected under "fair use"

2) If there is an infringment, the first thing is for an cease and desist order. Then if I don't comply, we go to court

3) Freedom of expresssion is an AMERICAN freedom, Pablito, it was invented in this country. If you don't like that, then that is your problem, not ours.

john_van_v said:
1) I am protected under "fair use"

2) If there is an infringment, the first thing is for an cease and desist order. Then if I don't comply, we go to court

3) Freedom of expresssion is an AMERICAN freedom, Pablito, it was invented in this country. If you don't like that, then that is your problem, not ours.

calm down son, freedom was not invented in america and besides that, this forum is a privately owned one.

why are posting someone else's photos here and before you decide to get smart with me, please think twice.

joe

I'm not arguing the legalities of things, nor site rules. But for me the only problematic usage is the first image. That's an in-line image linked at large-ish size hosted somewhere it takes a little effort (though not much) to figure out. It would take more figuring to work out if the owner of the image knew and approved of the hosting.

The others all display at smaller sizes (a nice visual cue) and clicking on them takes you straight to the flickr page where the image is referenced and hosted, pretty obviously by the guy given credit in the text of the post. That, it seems to me, comes out more like "free advertising" than "fair use", and doesn't seem problematic at all.

...Mike

I love the commentary to each image I found by clicking on the Flickr link provided in the first post, thanks!

When I used Kodak 400cn, I found that it did skin texture and tone better than any B&W film I had ever used. I, unfortunately, did not like it with general subjects.

Hmm, and I thought the Bill of Rights was something from a country called England, back in 1689. You unlearn something old everyday.

Back