Kodak Medalist 100mm f/3.5 Ektar

How much of a pain is respooling to 620? Do you soup your own then or do you send it out? If you send it out, what's your source for 620 spools?

Respooling's no big deal, i can't imagine doing it in a changing bag, I just do it in a pitchblack closet in my basement.

Initially to get some 620 spools I bought a 5 pack of respooled 620 from the film photography project - they are making new plastic 620 reels which can't deform if dropped on concrete.

I also ended up buying some good condition metal reels off ebay for a few bucks. So, there are options.

For the price Medalists go for, I can't imagine much else giving that image quality for that amount of money. I got both of my cameras for less than 200 each, and luckily had no issues mechanically or optically.

I think for that price it's worth a gamble - 90% of people on ebay selling these have no way to test them out.

Nice work as usually Colton. You really have some interesting cameras.

My dad had a Medalist when I was growing up. Unfortunately he sold it. I shouldn't complain though, I got the Contax!

Thank you Tim.
I haven't used my Medalist II in about a year now and need to get out and shoot it soon.
Here's one from the last time I was out with it.

Back