KODAK PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHIC CHEMICALS – BREAKING NEWS (from Nov. 2023 John Sexton Newsletter)

raydm6

Yay! Cameras! 🙈🙉🙊┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ [◉"]
Local time
4:45 PM
Saw this mentioned on a few forums. Here is the source:

I have hot off the press excellent, and exciting, news to share with readers.​

I was recently in communication with Alan Fischer the CEO and founder of Photo Systems Inc. which has been manufacturing photographic chemicals for more than 45 years. I have known Alan for a couple of years and have been impressed with his knowledge of photographic processing chemicals. I was pleased when Alan shared the breaking news that he had successfully secured the worldwide license for Kodak Professional chemistry going forward, and that the full current product line will be offered for sale once again. I am thrilled that readers of this newsletter are among the first to know this important news!​
I am going to let Alan tell you, in his own words, the story behind the Kodak Professional chemicals recent past and their bright future:​

On September 1, 2023 Photo Systems Inc. became the worldwide licensee for Kodak Professional chemistry. Prior to this time, Photo Systems Inc. manufactured photographic chemistry for Kodak Alaris, the film licensee that continues to operate today. Subsequently, when Kodak Alaris sold its chemical business to Sino Promise, we continued manufacturing chemistry for them.

In early 2023, Sino Promise decided to exit the chemistry business. This prompted us to begin the process of securing a licensing agreement directly from Eastman Kodak, enabling us to operate as both the licensee and manufacturer of Kodak Professional chemistry. We are pleased to announce that we recently successfully secured that agreement.

Currently, we are in the process of rebranding the products under the Kodak brand with Photo Systems Inc. as the licensee and manufacturer. Our plan is to reintroduce the entire range of black and white products by December 15, 2023, followed by the release of C-41, E-6, and RA-4 color products.

We are in the process of establishing a network of distributors worldwide and expect to begin exporting these products in the first quarter of 2024. The Kodak Professional chemicals brand has a long and rich history, and a reputation for excellent quality. It has garnered a dedicated and passionate following among analog photographic enthusiasts, and we are anticipating that the brand will be widely available in 2024.

Last edited:
Agree on K-14. It's just too toxic.

Plus X is gone forever too.

That said, I buy generic chemicals from Freestyle and Ilford film because Kodak is not a trustworthy company.

If you liked HC-110, go to Freestyle and get Legacy Pro L-110. It's as close to the old stuff as anyone is ever going to make.

If you liked HC-110, go to Freestyle and get Legacy Pro L-110. It's as close to the old stuff as anyone is ever going to make.
In terms of results, L-110 is identical to HC-110 (it is also, as far as I can tell, identical to the ‘new’ HC-110). But chemically it is totally different to the old syrup. If you chose it for longevity, L-110 is not a substitute.

Marty

I notice that in the press release it says:

Subsequently, when Kodak Alaris sold its chemical business to Sino Promise, we continued manufacturing chemistry for them.

So does that mean that they produced the brown Dektol?

I hope they succeed. However I'm glad that Ilford have a strong presence here at the end of the Earth.

Back