Kodak Retina 11A shutter locked

Tim Murphy

Well-known
Local time
2:55 PM
Dear Board,

I won a Retina 11a in an auction. It arrived, I focused it near and far and it seemed to focus properly both near and far.

So I hit the shutter button and now it's locked up tighter than a frog's behind, and they are waterproof.

Any easy tips to unlock it?

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

The wind lever locks when the film counter reaches '1' position. Try turning the film counter to '36', the wind lever interlock should release.

Thank You!

Thank You!

The wind lever locks when the film counter reaches '1' position. Try turning the film counter to '36', the wind lever interlock should release.

Dear dainaka,

The shutter speeds seem horrible wrong but thanks to you the shutter at least fires.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

I bought a IIa (Type 016) a few months back. After having it serviced, the rangefinder was great, the speeds accurate but it wouldn't fire a flash. Took it back to the shop and the owner who had done the work on it found a plastic tube that actuated the flash had dissolved during the ultrasonic cleaning of the shutter mechanism. Since the camera is almost seventy years old, it wasn't too surprising. They used a spare from another shutter and now everything works. Your shutter is full of old lubricants that have dried with age. It will need a good cleaning and lubrication before it really functions properly. If the lens is good then it's worth spending the money for a CLA. I have been trying to find an effective way to keep the eypiece from scratching my glasses but no luck yet. Even Chris Sherlock from Retina Rescue didn't have a good suggestion for that problem. Get it serviced and enjoy that fabulous Schneider lens!
32543114128_16323375da_c.jpg
[/url]68810001 by Michael DeLuca, on Flickr[/IMG]

Open the back, try to give the thing that stransports the film a little turn with your fingers. You will feel and hear a click...If not try turning it back (in the rewind direction) and again forth...

Your problem is perfectly normal when you don't have put a film in the camera.

Kind regards,
Tom

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BLA-L29 met Tapatalk

Back