Kodak Tmax 400

I tend to do Tmax 400 (old style) in D76 1:1 for 11-11.5 minutes. Fix it in Kodafix for 10 min. The new Tmax2-400 tend to need a bit more time (12-12.5 min).
To some extent it does depend on your "shooting style", metering etc. "Waste" some rolls on experiments and take notes. Once you have established what works for you - stick to it.
I have also found that Tmax2-400 works very well in HC 110 (1:60 for 12.5 min). Tmax 400 works too (1:60 10-11 min), but is a bit "rougher" than the Tmax2-400.

It seems I made a mistake with the film.
It is not Kodak Tmax 400, instead it is T-max T400CN and it says C41 on the roll.
Now, can I develop this in D76?

Nope. Your negs will be very faint and possibly stained with color residue from the emulsion. Chances are the shots are useless once developed in D76.

C41 film has layers that form the colors separately and the D76 will only develop the first layer of the three.

Guess you'll have to grow some patience... sorry.

Nope. Your negs will be very faint and possibly stained with color residue from the emulsion. Chances are the shots are useless once developed in D76.

C41 film has layers that form the colors separately and the D76 will only develop the first layer of the three.

Guess you'll have to grow some patience... sorry.

Thanks for dampening my spirits....;)

I have yet to find a local CVS, Walgreens, WalMart... et al, that will develop normal Black and White film, so I'm guessing they only have C41 and everything will be fine.

I dropped off a roll of standard B&W, asking if they developed it, and they said yes. They dropped it in their C41 tank, because that's all they develop there, then called me and said the roll came out blank. They don't even know what standard B&W is.

I have yet to find a local CVS, Walgreens, WalMart... et al, that will develop normal Black and White film, so I'm guessing they only have C41 and everything will be fine.

I dropped off a roll of standard B&W, asking if they developed it, and they said yes. They dropped it in their C41 tank, because that's all they develop there, then called me and said the roll came out blank. They don't even know what standard B&W is.

Lol. It happened to me once with Tri-X at a Walgreens, I still remember how mad I got at the time and literally scared the s**t out of the kid at the store, but within a minute I started laughing and apologized to him.

I got mad on him cuz I thought he was supposed to know that Tri-X is B&W. In his defense, he showed me the roll and said, "look, this says professional on the roll, so I thought you are a pro and know what you are doing". Well, only if I knew what I was doing...:bang::bang:. Guess he wasn't the only idiot in the store at the time. :D

They sell film, they develop film. They should know the difference and know how to find the markings on a roll.

I tried to develop a roll of E-6 at WalMart once. I'd forgotten it was E-6 cause it had been sitting around for a while. The lady found the code and told me that was send-out stuff. They knew what they were doing. It's really not much to ask of the people there to do their job.

So I checked at my local Walgreens whether they will develop the T400CN (120) or not. The guy at the photo counter didn't know what a 120 film was (I don't blame him) and kept looking at the roll for 5 minutes, ultimately went and asked the manager who said they don't develop 120 film.

Creve Coeur Camera in the neighborhood charges ridiculous $$$$ to process film.

Oh well, I guess it's off to NCPS with the next shipment. :bang::bang:

Thanks.

Back