Kodak Tri X 35mm price drop

Nice to have a bit of good news these days. All of the recent price increases have pushed many people away from film.
Like you said, I hope this starts a trend and there is a renewed interest in film.
Thanks for sharing.

Good news indeed. Tri-X is one of my favorite films. Hope the price cut extends to 120 and 4x5 as well.

Jim B.

That's good news. Hope dealers pass on the savings.

Might be worth the extra fix/wash time to get rid of the pink/purple tinge...

Chris

probably means they’ve added capacity - good news

but it would take a price lower than 10€ to bring me back .. i’m not holding my breath .. this is the current price in France 😱 :

Attachments

• IMG_4660.jpeg
    IMG_4660.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 21
but it would take a price lower than 10€ to bring me back .. i’m not holding my breath .. this is the current price in France 😱 :
Jesus, and I thought it was bad in UK.

Price for a 36exp roll of 35mm HP5+ at Nik & Trick: £7.75
Price for a 36exp roll of 35mm Tri-X at Nik & Trick: £14.50

I can't imagine Kodak have been doing very well on the Tri-X sales on this wet and dreary island for the last year.

I can't imagine Kodak have been doing very well on the Tri-X sales on this wet and dreary island for the last year.
At B&H in New York HP5 is $8.95
Tri-X is $9.99 (9.2€, 7.88 £)

Please post if you've purchase and roll of Tri-X since the price date and what is the expiration date? The 4 rolls I just received had an expiration date 0f 05/2025 which is the same date as some rolls I order a few months ago. So not sure if this will be an ongoing price drop or just a temporary one until the sell off short dated film.

This, absolutely. Tri-X needs to be priced alongside HP5+ if they want to shift any reasonable volume of it. In the UK at double the HP5 price it’s not worth it (obviously some will disagree!).

30m rolls of HP5 are around £110, mostly, whereas Tri-x is £200. For comparison, 400ft - c.122m - of double-x came to about £280 including bay and delivery.

30m rolls of HP5 are around £110, mostly, whereas Tri-x is £200. For comparison, 400ft - c.122m - of double-x came to about £280 including bay and delivery.
I'm not a huge fan of Tri-X but I've not even considered looking at bulk rolls of anything Kodak (commercial still film, not cinema stuff) for years. The price just kept climbing to the point where it's not even worth thinking about.

Meanwhile, Fomapan 400 is still what, £55 for 100 foot?

Kodak's prices in the UK are ludicrous.

At B&H in New York HP5 is $8.95
Tri-X is $9.99 (9.2€, 7.88 £)

I'm pretty sure B&H's price on Tri-X has been $11.99 for the last couple of years at least, so I think the $9.99 may reflect this price reduction already.

I like Tri-X and HP5+ about equally well with maybe a very slight preference for Tri-X. I'd consider paying a dollar more for Tri-X. I wouldn't even consider buying Tri-X when the price was $3 more per roll than HP5.

I'm not a huge fan of Tri-X but I've not even considered looking at bulk rolls of anything Kodak (commercial still film, not cinema stuff) for years. The price just kept climbing to the point where it's not even worth thinking about.

Meanwhile, Fomapan 400 is still what, £55 for 100 foot?

Kodak's prices in the UK are ludicrous.
I used thousands of feet of the old TX but when the new came out around 2006 I totally quit using TX. It’s not even close to the old version. I’m not even sure why it’s called Tri-X. Anyhow I know many of you love it but I wouldn’t use it at half the price of HP-5.

Years ago I got into using Fuji Acros and Neopan 400. I bought a freezer and bought a massive order of both in 35 and 120. It was on sale and I don’t think I paid much over $2 a roll if that. I’m happy to say I’m still using out of my order and probably have another ten or more years worth. I am about out of 120 Acros but bought a bunch of the new that I’ve not even got into yet.

When or if you can, buy as much as you can because it’s not getting cheaper and like Neopan 400, it’s gone forever. If V I’d known old TX was going away I’d done the same with it.

That’s really great, although in the US all I see is about $10. If it really gets to $7, I imagine Ilford will follow.

I switched to HP5+ because I had such a problem with Tri-x curling laterally, across the strip.

I'm pretty sure B&H's price on Tri-X has been $11.99 for the last couple of years at least, so I think the $9.99 may reflect this price reduction already.

I like Tri-X and HP5+ about equally well with maybe a very slight preference for Tri-X. I'd consider paying a dollar more for Tri-X. I wouldn't even consider buying Tri-X when the price was $3 more per roll than HP5.

Also a slight preference for Tri-X over HP5+ which is why I decided to order some instead of the Kentmere 400 I've been shooting. Though I did go with HP5 in 4x5 over Tri-X due to the $1.75 price per sheet difference.

Back